On the Relationship Between the Tax Burden and Income Convergence: Some Further Results
Using OECD data (1965-1994) for 22 selected countries, we test for tax burden and per capita GDP convergence based on a time series approach. We further examine the issue of a possible relationship existing between per capita GDP and tax burden convergence. Generally, the evidence from this paper does not show any close relationship between tax burden and per capita GDP convergence.
|Date of creation:||09 Oct 2002|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: PO Box 1700, STN CSC, Victoria, BC, Canada, V8W 2Y2|
Web page: http://web.uvic.ca/econ
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kwiatkowski, Denis & Phillips, Peter C. B. & Schmidt, Peter & Shin, Yongcheol, 1992.
"Testing the null hypothesis of stationarity against the alternative of a unit root : How sure are we that economic time series have a unit root?,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 54(1-3), pages 159-178.
- Kwiatkowski, D. & Phillips, P.C.B. & Schmidt, P., 1990. "Testing the Null Hypothesis of Stationarity Against the Alternative of Unit Root : How Sure are we that Economic Time Series have a Unit Root?," Papers 8905, Michigan State - Econometrics and Economic Theory.
- Denis Kwiatkowski & Peter C.B. Phillips & Peter Schmidt, 1991. "Testing the Null Hypothesis of Stationarity Against the Alternative of a Unit Root: How Sure Are We That Economic Time Series Have a Unit Root?," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 979, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Bernard, Andrew B & Durlauf, Steven N, 1995. "Convergence in International Output," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(2), pages 97-108, April-Jun.
- Bernard, A.B. & Durlauf, S.N., 1993. "Convergence in International Output," Working papers 93-7, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Perron, Pierre, 1989. "The Great Crash, the Oil Price Shock, and the Unit Root Hypothesis," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(6), pages 1361-1401, November.
- Perron, P, 1988. "The Great Crash, The Oil Price Shock And The Unit Root Hypothesis," Papers 338, Princeton, Department of Economics - Econometric Research Program.
- Vicente Esteve & Simon Sosvilla-Rivero & Cecilio Tamarit, 2000. "Convergence in fiscal pressure across EU countries," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(2), pages 117-123.
- Vicente Esteve & Simón Sosvilla & Cecilio Tamarit, "undated". "Convergence in fiscal pressure across EU countries," Working Papers 97-10, FEDEA.
- Greasley, David & Oxley, Les, 1997. "Time-series based tests of the convergence hypothesis: Some positive results," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 143-147, October.
- Scully, Gerald W, 1991. "The Convergence of Fiscal Regimes and the Decline of the Tiebout Effect," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 72(1), pages 51-59, October. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:vic:vicewp:0205. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Graham Voss)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.