Search and Homophily in Social Networks
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Barr, Abigail & Dekker, Marleen & Fafchamps, Marcel, 2012.
"Bridging the Gender Divide: An Experimental Analysis of Group Formation in African Villages,"
Elsevier, vol. 40(10), pages 2063-2077.
- Abigail Barr & Marleen Dekker & Marcel Fafchamps, 2009. "Bridging the gender divide: an experimental analysis of group formation in African villages," ASC Working Papers 87, African Studies Centre (ASC), Leiden, The Netherlands.
- Abigail Barr & Marleen Dekker & Marcel Fafchamps, 2009. "Bridging the gender divide: An experimental analysis of group formation in African villages," CSAE Working Paper Series 2009-17, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Buhai, Sebastian & van der Leij, Marco, 2006.
"A Social Network Analysis of Occupational Segregation,"
06-11, University of Aarhus, Aarhus School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Marco van der Leij & Sebastian Buhai, 2010. "A Social Network Analysis of Occupational Segregation," 2010 Meeting Papers 554, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Marco J. van der Leij & I. Sebastian Buhai, 2008. "A Social Network Analysis of Occupational Segregation," Working Papers 2008.31, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Sebastian Buhai & Marco van der Leij, 2006. "A Social Network Analysis of Occupational Segregation," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 06-016/1, Tinbergen Institute, revised 08 Nov 2006.
- Sergio Currarini & Matthew O. Jackson & Paolo Pin, 2009.
"An Economic Model of Friendship: Homophily, Minorities, and Segregation,"
Econometric Society, vol. 77(4), pages 1003-1045, July.
- Sergio Currarini & Paolo Pin & Matthew O. Jackson, 2007. "An Economic Model of Friendship: Homophily, Minorities and Segregation," Working Papers 2007_20, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
- Avinash Dixit, 2003. "Trade Expansion and Contract Enforcement," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 111(6), pages 1293-1317, December.
- K. R. Narayanan, 1954. "Freedom in Modern Society," India Quarterly: A Journal of International Affairs, , vol. 10(4), pages 376-381, October.
More about this item
KeywordsHomophily; search; social networks; segregation.;
- D7 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making
- D71 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Social Choice; Clubs; Committees; Associations
- D85 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Network Formation
- Z13 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Economic Sociology; Economic Anthropology; Language; Social and Economic Stratification
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-01-30 (All new papers)
- NEP-GTH-2011-01-30 (Game Theory)
- NEP-SOC-2011-01-30 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
- NEP-URE-2011-01-30 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ven:wpaper:2010_24. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Geraldine Ludbrook). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dsvenit.html .