A Dynamic Model of Lawsuit Joinder and Settlement
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Marceau, Nicolas & Mongrain, Steeve, 2003.
"Damage averaging and the formation of class action suits,"
International Review of Law and Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 63-74, March.
- Nicolas Marceau & Steeve Mongrain, 2001. "Damage Averaging and the Formation of Class Action Suits," Cahiers de recherche CREFE / CREFE Working Papers 139, CREFE, Université du Québec à Montréal.
- Deffains, Bruno & Langlais, Eric, 2007. "Informational externalities and informational sharing in class action suits," MPRA Paper 4846, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:ucp:bkecon:9780226567600 is not listed on IDEAS
- Andrew F. Daughety & Jennifer F. Reinganum, 2002. "Informational Externalities in Settlement Bargaining: Confidentiality and Correlated Culpability," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 33(4), pages 587-604, Winter.
- Yeon-Koo Che & Kathryn E. Spier, 2008.
"Exploiting Plaintiffs through Settlement: Divide and Conquer,"
Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE),
Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 164(1), pages 4-23, March.
- Che, Yeon-Koo & Spier, Kathryn, 2007. "Exploiting Plaintiffs Through Settlement: Divide and Conquer," MPRA Paper 6104, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Yeon-Koo Che, 2002. "The Economics of Collective Negotiation in Pretrial Bargaining," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 43(2), pages 549-576, May.
- Che, Yeon-Koo, 1996. "Equilibrium formation of class action suits," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(3), pages 339-361, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- List, John A. & Neilson, William S. & Price, Michael K., 2016.
"The effects of group composition in a strategic environment: Evidence from a field experiment,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 90(C), pages 67-85.
- John List & William Neilson & Michael Price, 2016. "The effects of group composition in a strategic environment: Evidence from a field experiment," Natural Field Experiments 00604, The Field Experiments Website.
- Luca Anderlini & Leonardo Felli & Giovanni Immordino, 2018. "Costly Pre-Trial Agreements," Working Papers gueconwpa~18-18-11, Georgetown University, Department of Economics.
- Andrew F. Daughety & Reinganum F. Reinganum, 2014.
"Settlement and Trial: Selected Analyses of the Bargaining Environment,"
Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers
14-00005, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics.
- Andrew F. Daughety & Jennifer F. Reinganum, 2014. "Settlement and Trial: Selected Analyses of the Bargaining Environment," Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers 14-00006, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics.
- Giorgio Rampa & Margherita Saraceno, 2014. "Beliefs and Precedent: The Dynamics of Access to Justice," DEM Working Papers Series 084, University of Pavia, Department of Economics and Management.
More about this item
KeywordsLawsuits; settlement; aggregation; dynamics;
- K41 - Law and Economics - - Legal Procedure, the Legal System, and Illegal Behavior - - - Litigation Process
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-09-26 (All new papers)
- NEP-LAW-2009-09-26 (Law & Economics)
- NEP-MIC-2009-09-26 (Microeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:van:wpaper:0911. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (John P. Conley). General contact details of provider: http://www.vanderbilt.edu/econ/wparchive/index.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.