A Dynamic Model of Lawsuit Joinder and Settlement
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Marceau, Nicolas & Mongrain, Steeve, 2003.
"Damage averaging and the formation of class action suits,"
International Review of Law and Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 63-74, March.
- Nicolas Marceau & Steeve Mongrain, 2001. "Damage Averaging and the Formation of Class Action Suits," Cahiers de recherche CREFE / CREFE Working Papers 139, CREFE, Université du Québec à Montréal.
- repec:ucp:bkecon:9780226567600 is not listed on IDEAS
- Andrew F. Daughety & Jennifer F. Reinganum, 2002. "Informational Externalities in Settlement Bargaining: Confidentiality and Correlated Culpability," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 33(4), pages 587-604, Winter.
- Yeon-Koo Che & Kathryn E. Spier, 2008.
"Exploiting Plaintiffs through Settlement: Divide and Conquer,"
Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE),
Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 164(1), pages 4-23, March.
- Che, Yeon-Koo & Spier, Kathryn, 2007. "Exploiting Plaintiffs Through Settlement: Divide and Conquer," MPRA Paper 6104, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Yeon-Koo Che, 2002. "The Economics of Collective Negotiation in Pretrial Bargaining," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 43(2), pages 549-576, May.
- Deffains, Bruno & Langlais, Eric, 2007. "Informational externalities and informational sharing in class action suits," MPRA Paper 4846, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Che, Yeon-Koo, 1996. "Equilibrium formation of class action suits," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(3), pages 339-361, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Luca Anderlini & Leonardo Felli & Giovanni Immordino, 2016.
"Costly Pretrial Agreements,"
CSEF Working Papers
449, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- Luca Anderlini & Leonardo Felli & Giovanni Immordino, 2018. "Costly Pre-Trial Agreements," Working Papers gueconwpa~18-18-11, Georgetown University, Department of Economics.
- Anderlini, Luca & Felli, Leonardo & Immordino, Giovanni, 2018. "Costly Pretrial Agreements," CEPR Discussion Papers 13074, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- List, John A. & Neilson, William S. & Price, Michael K., 2016.
"The effects of group composition in a strategic environment: Evidence from a field experiment,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 90(C), pages 67-85.
- John List & William Neilson & Michael Price, 2016. "The effects of group composition in a strategic environment: Evidence from a field experiment," Natural Field Experiments 00604, The Field Experiments Website.
- Andrew F. Daughety & Reinganum F. Reinganum, 2014.
"Settlement and Trial: Selected Analyses of the Bargaining Environment,"
Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers
14-00005, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics.
- Andrew F. Daughety & Jennifer F. Reinganum, 2014. "Settlement and Trial: Selected Analyses of the Bargaining Environment," Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers 14-00006, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics.
- Giorgio Rampa & Margherita Saraceno, 2014. "Beliefs and Precedent: The Dynamics of Access to Justice," DEM Working Papers Series 084, University of Pavia, Department of Economics and Management.
More about this item
KeywordsLawsuits; settlement; aggregation; dynamics;
- K41 - Law and Economics - - Legal Procedure, the Legal System, and Illegal Behavior - - - Litigation Process
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:van:wpaper:0911. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (John P. Conley). General contact details of provider: http://www.vanderbilt.edu/econ/wparchive/index.html .