The Economics of Regional Association
Membership and conference attendance trends of regional economics associations are reported and analyzed. Although membership and conference attendance grow steadily at the American Economic Association, both are stagnant for the regional associations. Membership elasticity for economics associations ranges from -0.25 to -0.50; conference attendance is very inelastic with respect to registration fees. While the regional associations may find it challenging to grow, they have the capacity to expand revenues if that should be necessary to survive.
|Date of creation:||Aug 2001|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.vanderbilt.edu/econ/wparchive/index.html|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- John J. Siegfried & Wendy A. Stock, 1999. "The Labor Market for New Ph.D. Economists," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 13(3), pages 115-134, Summer.
- John J. Siegfried, 1998. "Who Is a Member of the AEA?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 12(2), pages 211-222, Spring.
- John J. Siegfried & Wendy A. Stock, 2001.
"So You Want to Earn a Ph.D. in Economics?: How Long Do You Think It Will Take?,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 36(2), pages 364-378.
- Siegfried, J.J. & Stock, W.A., 2000. "So You Want to Earn a PH.D. in Economics: How Long do you Think it Will Take?," Williams Project on the Economics of Higher Education DP-53, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- John Siegfried & Wendy A. Stock, 2000. "So You Want to Earn a Ph.D. in Economics: How Long Do You Think it Will Take?," Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers 0037, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics.
- Glenn Ellison, 2002.
"The Slowdown of the Economics Publishing Process,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 110(5), pages 947-993, October.
- Siegfried, John J & Nelson, Larry, 1979. "Minimizing AEA Convention Transportation Costs," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 69(5), pages 983-88, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:van:wpaper:0115. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (John P. Conley)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.