Community Colleges and Local Economic Development
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Vijay K. Mathur, 1999. "Human Capital-Based Strategy for Regional Economic Development," Economic Development Quarterly, , vol. 13(3), pages 203-216, August.
- Terance J. Rephann, 2007.
"Community College Growth Opportunities: Untapped Potential in America's Heartland?,"
Growth and Change,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(3), pages 443-459.
- Terance J. Rephann, 2007. "Community College Growth Opportunities: Untapped Potential in America's Heartland?," Working Papers 2007-01, Center for Economic and Policy Studies.
- Thomas J. Kane & Cecilia Elena Rouse, 1999. "The Community College: Educating Students at the Margin between College and Work," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 13(1), pages 63-84, Winter.
- Timothy J. Bartik, "undated".
"Increasing the Economic Development Benefits of Higher Education in Michigan,"
Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles
tjb2005jwd, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Timothy J. Bartik, 2004. "Increasing the Economic Development Benefits of Higher Education in Michigan," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles 04-106, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- William Shobe & John L. Knapp, 2007. "The Economic Impact of the University of Virginia: How a Major Research University Affects the Local and State Economies," Reports 2007-01, Center for Economic and Policy Studies.
- Jesse M. Shapiro, 2003. "Smart Cities: Explaining the Relationship between City Growth and Human Capital," Urban/Regional 0309001, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rephann, Terance & Isserman, Andrew, 1994. "New highways as economic development tools: An evaluation using quasi-experimental matching methods," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(6), pages 723-751, December.
- Marc Frenette, 2006. "Too Far to Go On? Distance to School and University Participation," Education Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(1), pages 31-58.
- Grubb, W. Norton, 2002. "Learning and earning in the middle, part I: national studies of pre-baccalaureate education," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 299-321, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sharaf N. Rehman & Joanna Dzionek-Kozlowska, 2016. "Tale of two cities. A comparative study of relationship between education and economic prosperity," Lodz Economics Working Papers 3/2016, University of Lodz, Faculty of Economics and Sociology.
- Elvira Nica & Gheorghe H. Popescu, 2014. "Education Quality and Economic Growth in the United States," Knowledge Horizons - Economics, Faculty of Finance, Banking and Accountancy Bucharest,"Dimitrie Cantemir" Christian University Bucharest, vol. 6(1), pages 43-46, March.
More about this item
Keywordscommunity colleges; economic development; quasi-experimental;
- R11 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Regional Economic Activity: Growth, Development, Environmental Issues, and Changes
- R53 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Public Facility Location Analysis; Public Investment and Capital Stock
- I23 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Higher Education; Research Institutions
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-01-31 (All new papers)
- NEP-GEO-2009-01-31 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-URE-2009-01-31 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:vac:wpaper:wp08-02. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (William M. Shobe). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ceuvaus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.