A Maximum Likelihood Approach to Estimation of Heath-Jarrow-Morton Models
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Brennan, Michael J. & Schwartz, Eduardo S., 1982. "An Equilibrium Model of Bond Pricing and a Test of Market Efficiency," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 17(03), pages 301-329, September.
- R. Bhar & C. Chiarella, 1997.
"Transformation of Heath?Jarrow?Morton models to Markovian systems,"
The European Journal of Finance,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 3(1), pages 1-26.
- Ram Bhar & Carl Chiarella, 1995. "Transformation of Heath-Jarrow-Morton Models to Markovian Systems," Working Paper Series 53, Finance Discipline Group, UTS Business School, University of Technology, Sydney.
- John C. Cox & Jonathan E. Ingersoll Jr. & Stephen A. Ross, 2005. "A Theory Of The Term Structure Of Interest Rates," World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Theory Of Valuation, chapter 5, pages 129-164 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Lo, Andrew W., 1988.
"Maximum Likelihood Estimation of Generalized Itô Processes with Discretely Sampled Data,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 4(02), pages 231-247, August.
- Andrew W. Lo, "undated". "Maximum Likelihood Estimation of Generalized Ito Processes with Discretely Sampled Data," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 15-86, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Andrew W. Lo, 1986. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation of Generalized Ito Processes with Discretely Sampled Data," NBER Technical Working Papers 0059, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ho, Thomas S Y & Lee, Sang-bin, 1986. " Term Structure Movements and Pricing Interest Rate Contingent Claims," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 41(5), pages 1011-1029, December.
- Vasicek, Oldrich, 1977. "An equilibrium characterization of the term structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 177-188, November.
- Chapman, David A & Long, John B, Jr & Pearson, Neil D, 1999.
"Using Proxies for the Short Rate: When Are Three Months Like an Instant?,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 12(4), pages 763-806.
- David A. Chapman & John B. Long Jr. & Neil D. Pearson, 1998. "Using Proxies for the Short Rate: When are Three Months Like an Instant?," Finance 9808004, EconWPA, revised 07 Oct 1998.
- Hull, John & White, Alan, 1990. "Pricing Interest-Rate-Derivative Securities," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 3(4), pages 573-592.
- Jurgen A. Doornik & Henrik Hansen, 2008.
"An Omnibus Test for Univariate and Multivariate Normality,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 70(s1), pages 927-939, December.
- Jurgen A Doornik & Henrik Hansen, "undated". "An omnibus test for univariate and multivariate normalit," Economics Papers W4&91., Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Yacine Ait-Sahalia, 2002. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation of Discretely Sampled Diffusions: A Closed-form Approximation Approach," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 70(1), pages 223-262, January.
- Raj, Mahendra & Sim, Ah Boon & Thurston, David C., 1997. "A generalized method of moments comparison of the cox-ingersoll-ross and heath-jarrow-morton models," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 169-192.
- Carl Chiarella & Oh Kang Kwon, 2001.
"Forward rate dependent Markovian transformations of the Heath-Jarrow-Morton term structure model,"
Finance and Stochastics,
Springer, vol. 5(2), pages 237-257.
- Carl Chiarella & Oh-Kang Kwon, 1999. "Forward Rate Dependent Markovian Transformations of the Heath-Jarrow-Morton Term Structure Model," Research Paper Series 5, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Brennan, Michael J. & Schwartz, Eduardo S., 1979. "A continuous time approach to the pricing of bonds," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 133-155, July.
- Amin, Kaushik I. & Morton, Andrew J., 1994. "Implied volatility functions in arbitrage-free term structure models," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 141-180, April.
- Ramaprasad Bhar & Carl Chiarella, 1997.
"Interest rate futures: estimation of volatility parameters in an arbitrage-free framework,"
Applied Mathematical Finance,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(4), pages 181-199.
- Ram Bhar & Carl Chiarella, 1995. "Interest Rate Futures: Estimation of Volatility Parameters in an Arbitrage-Free Framework," Working Paper Series 55, Finance Discipline Group, UTS Business School, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Cox, John C. & Ingersoll, Jonathan Jr. & Ross, Stephen A., 1981. "The relation between forward prices and futures prices," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 321-346, December.
- Amin, Kaushik I & Ng, Victor K, 1997. "Inferring Future Volatility from the Information in Implied Volatility in Eurodollar Options: A New Approach," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 10(2), pages 333-367.
- Michael J. Brennan and Eduardo S. Schwartz., 1979. "A Continuous-Time Approach to the Pricing of Bonds," Research Program in Finance Working Papers 85, University of California at Berkeley.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lee, Kiseop & Xu, Mingxin, 2007. "Parameter estimation from multinomial trees to jump diffusions with k means clustering," MPRA Paper 3307, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 26 Apr 2007.
- Laurini, Márcio Poletti & Ohashi, Alberto, 2015.
"A noisy principal component analysis for forward rate curves,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 246(1), pages 140-153.
- Marcio Laurini & Alberto Ohashi, 2014. "A Noisy Principal Component Analysis for Forward Rate Curves," Papers 1408.6279, arXiv.org.
More about this item
Keywordsterm structure; heath-jarrow-morton; time-deterministic forward volatility; humped forward volatility model; full information maximum likelihood;
- C51 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Construction and Estimation
- E43 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Interest Rates: Determination, Term Structure, and Effects
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
- G13 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Contingent Pricing; Futures Pricing
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uts:rpaper:80. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Duncan Ford). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/qfutsau.html .