A contingent ranking study on the preferences of tourists across seasons
This paper presents the results of a contingent ranking study carried out on a sample of tourists visiting the province of Ragusa (in South-Eastern Sicily,Italy), known for both its baroque heritage and its sea coasts. I focus only on two attributes of tourism products, namely the accommodation structures (which appear to have a large importance for tourists’ choice, according to similar previous analyses) and local attractions (sea and costs, cultural and natural heritage endowments, performing-arts, local wine&food products). I evaluate whether and how the weight attached by tourists to the attributes and their levels change across seasons.
|Date of creation:||May 2008|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Via Po, 53. I-10124 Torino|
Phone: +39 011670 2704
Fax: +39 011670 2762
Web page: http://www.unito.it/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Roe, Brian & Boyle, Kevin J. & Teisl, Mario F., 1996. "Using Conjoint Analysis to Derive Estimates of Compensating Variation," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 145-159, September.
- Mazzanti, Massimiliano, 2003. "Valuing cultural heritage in a multi-attribute framework microeconomic perspectives and policy implications," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 549-569, November.
- Green, Paul E & Srinivasan, V, 1978. " Conjoint Analysis in Consumer Research: Issues and Outlook," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 5(2), pages 103-23, Se.
- Hanley, Nick & Mourato, Susana & Wright, Robert E, 2001. " Choice Modelling Approaches: A Superior Alternative for Environmental Valuation?," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(3), pages 435-62, July.
- Anna Alberini & Patrizia Riganti & Alberto Longo, 2003. "Can People Value the Aesthetic and Use Services of Urban Sites? Evidence from a Survey of Belfast Residents," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 27(3), pages 193-213, November.
- Tiziana Cuccia & Roberto Cellini, 2007. "Is cultural heritage really important for tourists? A contingent rating study," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(2), pages 261-271.
- Richard T. Carson, 2011.
Edward Elgar Publishing, number 2489, June.
- Tiziana Cuccia & Roberto Cellini & Antonio Reale, 2004. "Patrimonio culturale e turismo: un'analisi empirica su Siracusa," ECONOMIA PUBBLICA, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2004(3).
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uto:eblawp:200802. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Piero Cavaleri)or (Marina Grazioli)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.