Folk solution for simple minimum cost spanning tree problems
A minimum cost spanning tree problem analyzes how to efficiently connect a group of individuals to a source. Once the efficient tree is obtained, the addressed question is how to allocate the total cost among the involved agents. One prominent solution in allocating this minimum cost is the so-called Folk solution. Unfortunately, in general, the Folk solution is not easy to compute. We identify a class of mcst problems in which the Folk solution is obtained in an easy way. Keywords: Minimum cost spanning tree problem; Folk solution; Elementary cost matrix; Simple mcst problem; JEL classification: C71, D63, D71.
|Date of creation:||2015|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Avda. de la Universitat,1 - 43204 Reus (Tarragona)|
Phone: 977 75 98 00
Fax: 977 75 98 10
Web page: http://www.urv.cat
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bergantinos, Gustavo & Vidal-Puga, Juan J., 2007.
"A fair rule in minimum cost spanning tree problems,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 137(1), pages 326-352, November.
- Gustavo Bergantiños & Juan Vidal-Puga, 2005. "A fair rule in minimum cost spanning tree problems," Game Theory and Information 0504001, EconWPA.
- Feltkamp, V. & Tijs, S.H. & Muto, S., 1994. "On the irreducible core and the equal remaining obligations rule of minimum cost spanning extension problems," Discussion Paper 1994-106, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Estévez-Fernández, Arantza & Reijnierse, Hans, 2014. "On the core of cost-revenue games: Minimum cost spanning tree games with revenues," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 237(2), pages 606-616.
- Arantza Estevez-Fernandez & Hans Reijnierse, 2012. "On the Core of Cost-Revenue Games: Minimum Cost Spanning Tree Games with Revenues," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 12-101/II, Tinbergen Institute.
- Gustavo Bergantinos & Juan Vidal-Puga, 2008. "On Some Properties of Cost Allocation Rules in Minimum Cost Spanning Tree Problems," Czech Economic Review, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, vol. 2(3), pages 251-267, December. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:urv:wpaper:2072/260958. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ariadna Casals)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.