Organizational Innovations of Firms from the 1850s in the USA and Japan
Organizational Innovations (OIs) are defined as disembodied technology as against embodied technology or technical (technological) innovations. The firms, as we see them today in the USA, Japan and many other countries, are organized according to OIs that took place in the USA and Japan in the last 150 years or so. A historical review during that period will identify OIs in these two countries. OIs such as integration of production and distribution, focal factories, and just-in-time cum quality control (JIT/QC) are more thoroughly described.
|Date of creation:||2002|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: School of Economics, University of Wollongong, Northfields Avenue, Wollongong NSW 2522 Australia|
Phone: +612 4221-3659
Fax: +612 4221-3725
Web page: http://business.uow.edu.au/econ/index.html
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Litterer, Joseph A., 1963. "Systematic Management: Design for Organizational Recoupling in American Manufacturing Firms," Business History Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 37(04), pages 369-391, December.
- Baldwin, Carliss Y. & Clark, Kim B., 1994. "Capital-Budgeting Systems and Capabilities Investments in U.S. Companies after the Second World War," Business History Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 68(01), pages 73-109, March.
- Langlois, Richard N. & Robertson, Paul L., 1989. "Explaining Vertical Integration: Lessons from the American Automobile Industry," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 49(02), pages 361-375, June.
- Sanidas, E., 2001. "The Successful Imitation of the Japanese Lean Production System by American Firms: Impact on American Economic Growth," Economics Working Papers wp01-02, School of Economics, University of Wollongong, NSW, Australia.
- Litterer, Joseph A., 1961. "Systematic Management: The Search for Order and Integration," Business History Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 35(04), pages 461-476, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uow:depec1:wp02-06. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peter Siminski)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.