The Successful Imitation of the Japanese Lean Production System by American Firms: Impact on American Economic Growth
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Marvin B. Lieberman & Lieven Demeester, 1999. "Inventory Reduction and Productivity Growth: Linkages in the Japanese Automotive Industry," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 45(4), pages 466-485, April.
- Coase, R H, 1992.
"The Institutional Structure of Production,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 82(4), pages 713-719, September.
- Kevin J. Stiroh & Dale W. Jorgenson, 2000. "U.S. Economic Growth at the Industry Level," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(2), pages 161-167, May.
- Banerjee, Anindya & Dolado, Juan J. & Galbraith, John W. & Hendry, David, 1993. "Co-integration, Error Correction, and the Econometric Analysis of Non-Stationary Data," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198288107.
- Shirley J Daniel & Wolf D Reitsperger, 1991. "Management Control Systems for J.I.T.: An Empirical Comparison of Japan and the U.S," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 22(4), pages 603-617, December.
- repec:fth:harver:1487 is not listed on IDEAS
- Michael Dietrich, 1993. "Total Quality Control, Just-in-Time Management, and the Economics of the Firm," Journal of Economic Studies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 20(6), pages 17-31, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sanidas, Elias, 2002. "Manufacturing Sectoral Growth in the USA and Japan: Relevance to SMEs, Organizational Innovations, and Recent Economic Growth," Economics Working Papers wp02-09, School of Economics, University of Wollongong, NSW, Australia.
- Sanidas, Elias & Jayanthakumaran, Kankesu, 2003. "Trade Reforms and the Survival of the Passenger Motor Vehicle Industry in Australia," Economics Working Papers wp03-10, School of Economics, University of Wollongong, NSW, Australia.
- Sanidas, Elias, 2002. "Leading Manufacturing Sectors in the USA and Japan During 1899-1937 and Organizational Innovations: Embeddedness for Corporate Strategy," Economics Working Papers wp02-20, School of Economics, University of Wollongong, NSW, Australia.
- Sanidas, E., 2002. "Organizational Innovations of Firms from the 1850s in the USA and Japan," Economics Working Papers wp02-06, School of Economics, University of Wollongong, NSW, Australia.
- Sanidas, E., 2001. "Taxonomy of Operations, Costs and Benefits Relevant to the Creation, Existence, Evolution and Growth of Firms," Economics Working Papers wp01-12, School of Economics, University of Wollongong, NSW, Australia.
More about this item
KeywordsLean Production; Just -in-Time; Quality Control; organization; American; Japanese; transaction costs; sectors; regression; error correction model; stationarity; total factor productivity; labor productivity; economic growth.;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uow:depec1:wp01-02. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peter Siminski). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deuowau.html .