Livelihood Risk from HIV in Semi-Arid Tropics of Rural Andhra Pradesh
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Gandhi, B. Valentine Joseph & Bantilan, M. Cynthia Serquina & Parthasarathy, Devanathan, 2008. "Livelihood Risk from HIV in Semi-Arid Tropics of Rural Andhra Pradesh," MPRA Paper 8685, University Library of Munich, Germany.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gillespie, Stuart & Kadiyala, Suneetha, 2005. "HIV/AIDs and food and nutrition security," Food policy reviews 7, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Guvvala Venkata Anupama & Uttam Kumar Deb & Ma. Cynthia S. Bantilan & Haragopal Vajjha, 2016.
"Seasonal Migration and Moving Out of Poverty in Rural India: Insights from Statistical Analysis,"
Asian Journal of Agriculture and Development, Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA), vol. 13(2), pages 35-53, December.
- Anupama, Guvvala Venkata & Bantilan, Ma. Cynthia S. & Deb, Uttam Kumar & Vajjha, Haragopal, 2016. "Seasonal Migration and Moving Out of Poverty in Rural India: Insights from Statistical Analysis," Asian Journal of Agriculture and Development, Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA), vol. 13(2), December.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- World Bank, 2006. "Repositioning Nutrition as Central to Development : A Strategy for Large Scale Action," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 7409, June.
- Thomas S. Jayne & Antony Chapoto & Elizabeth Byron & Mukelabai Ndiyoi & Petan Hamazakaza & Suneetha Kadiyala & Stuart Gillespie, 2006. "Community-level Impacts of AIDS-Related Mortality: Panel Survey Evidence from Zambia," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 28(3), pages 440-457.
- Swaans, Kees & Broerse, Jacqueline & Meincke, Maylin & Mudhara, Maxwell & Bunders, Joske, 2009. "Promoting food security and well-being among poor and HIV/AIDS affected households: Lessons from an interactive and integrated approach," Evaluation and Program Planning, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 31-42, February.
- Keitometsi Ncube & Charlie M. Shackleton & Brent M. Swallow & Wijaya Dassanayake, 2016. "Impacts of HIV / AIDS on food consumption and wild food use in rural South Africa," Food Security: The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food, Springer;The International Society for Plant Pathology, vol. 8(6), pages 1135-1151, December.
- Gómez, Miguel I. & Barrett, Christopher B. & Raney, Terri & Pinstrup-Andersen, Per & Meerman, Janice & Croppenstedt, André & Carisma, Brian & Thompson, Brian, 2013.
"Post-green revolution food systems and the triple burden of malnutrition,"
Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 129-138.
- Gómez, Miguel I. & Barrett, Christopher B. & Raney, Terry & Pinstrup-Andersen, Per & Meerman, Janice & Croppenstedt, André & Lowder, Sarah K. & Carisma, Brian & Thompson, Brian, 2013. "Post-Green Revolution food systems and the triple burden of malnutrition," ESA Working Papers 288990, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, Agricultural Development Economics Division (ESA).
- Gebreselassie, Kidist & Wesseler, Justus & van Ierland, Ekko C., 2007. "The Effect of HIV/AIDS Driven Labor Organization on Agrobiodiversity: an Empirical Study in Ethiopia," 106th Seminar, October 25-27, 2007, Montpellier, France 7929, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Veronica Davidov, 2013. "‘Pedagogical’ and Ethnographic Fictions and Meta-narratives of Development: 1 World Manga," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 49(3), pages 398-411, March.
- T. S. Jayne & Marcela Villarreal & Prabhu Pingali & Günter Hemrich, 2005. "HIV/AIDS and the Agricultural Sector: Implications for Policy in Eastern and Southern Africa," The Electronic Journal of Agricultural and Development Economics, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, vol. 2(2), pages 158-181.
- Michael P. Cameron, 2007. "HIV/AIDS in Rural Northeast Thailand: Narratives of the Impacts of HIV/AIDS on Individuals and Households," Working Papers in Economics 07/07, University of Waikato.
- Yianna Lambrou & Regina Laub, 2006. "Gender, Local Knowledge, and Lessons Learnt in Documenting and Conserving Agrobiodiversity," WIDER Working Paper Series RP2006-69, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Ndirangu, Murugi & Sachs, Sonia Ehrlich & Palm, Cheryl & Deckelbaum, Richard J., 2013. "HIV affected households in Western Kenya experience greater food insecurity," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 11-17.
- Donovan, Cynthia & Bailey, Linda & Mpyisi, Edson & Weber, Michael T., 2003. "Prime-Age Adult Morbidity and Mortality in Rural Rwanda: Effects on Household Income, Agricultural Production, and Food Security Strategies," Food Security Collaborative Working Papers 55387, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Binswanger, Hans P., 2006. "Food and Agricultural Policy to Mitigate The Impact of HIV/AIDS," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25268, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Wiesmann, Doris, 2006. "A global hunger index: measurement concept, ranking of countries, and trends," FCND discussion papers 212, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Shenggen Fan & Joanna Brzeska, 2015. "The Nexus between Agriculture and Nutrition: Do Growth Patterns and Conditional Factors Matter?," Working Papers id:7519, eSocialSciences.
- Suneetha Kadiyala & Rahul Rawat & Terry Roopnaraine & Frances Babirye & Robert Ochai, 2009. "Applying a programme theory framework to improve livelihood interventions integrated with HIV care and treatment programmes," Journal of Development Effectiveness, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(4), pages 470-491.
- Behrman, Julia & Meinzen-Dick, Ruth & Quisumbing, Agnes, 2011.
"The gender implications of large-scale land deals:,"
IFPRI discussion papers
1056, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Behrman, Julia A. & Meinzen-Dick, Ruth Suseela & Quisumbing, Agnes R., 2011. "The gender implications of large-scale land deals:," Policy briefs 17, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Stuart Gillespie & Paul Jere & John Msuya & Scott Drimie, 2009. "Food prices and the HIV response: findings from rapid regional assessments in eastern and southern Africa in 2008[InlineMediaObject not available: see fulltext.][InlineMediaObject not available: see f," Food Security: The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food, Springer;The International Society for Plant Pathology, vol. 1(3), pages 261-269, September.
- Frankenberger, Timothy R. & Nelson, Suzanne, 2011. "Ex-post impact assessment review of the Regional Network on AIDS, Livelihoods, and Food Security (RENEWAL):," Impact assessments 33, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Pauline Peters & Peter A. Walker & Daimon Kambewa, 2008. "Striving for Normality in a Time of AIDS in Malawi," CID Working Papers 167, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
More about this item
KeywordsAgriculture; Health; Migration; Internal; Productivity; Risk management;
All these keywords.
- Q19 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Other
- I19 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Other
- O15 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CWA-2008-09-29 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-DEV-2008-09-29 (Development)
- NEP-HEA-2008-09-29 (Health Economics)
- NEP-MIG-2008-09-29 (Economics of Human Migration)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:unu:wpaper:rp2008-49. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Siméon Rapin). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/widerfi.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.