A Tale of Two Countries: Spatial and Temporal Patterns of Rice Productivity in China and Brazil
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- You, Liangzhi, 2012. "A tale of two countries: Spatial and temporal patterns of rice productivity in China and Brazil," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 690-703.
- You, Liangzhi, 2008. "A tale of two countries: Spatial and temporal patterns of rice productivity in China and Brazil," IFPRI discussion papers 758, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
References listed on IDEAS
- Shorrocks, A F, 1980. "The Class of Additively Decomposable Inequality Measures," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(3), pages 613-625, April.
- You, Liangzhi & Rosegrant, Mark W. & Fang, Cheng & Wood, Stanley, 2005. "Impact of global warming on Chinese wheat productivity:," EPTD discussion papers 143, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Kanbur, Ravi & Zhang, Xiaobo, 2001.
"Fifty Years of Regional Inequality in China: A Journey through Revolution, Reform and Openness,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
2887, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Kanbur, Ravi & Zhang, Xiaobo, 2001. "Fifty Years Of Regional Inequality In China: A Journey Through Revolution, Reform And Openness," Working Papers 7236, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Shenggen Fan & Connie Chan-Kang & Keming Qian & K. Krishnaiah, 2005.
"National and international agricultural research and rural poverty: the case of rice research in India and China,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 33(s3), pages 369-379, November.
- Fan, Shenggen & Chan-Kang, Connie & Qian, Keming & Krishnaiah, K., 2003. "National and international agricultural research and rural poverty: the case of rice research in India and China," EPTD discussion papers 109, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Fan, Shenggen & Hazell, P. B. R., 1999. "Are returns to public investment lower in less-favored rural areas?: an empirical analysis of India," EPTD discussion papers 43, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Carter, Colin A. & Zhang, Bin, 1998. "The Weather Factor and Variability in China's Grain Supply," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 529-543, September.
- Philip G. Pardey & Julian M. Alston & Connie Chan-Kang & Eduardo C. Magalhães & Stephen A. Vosti, 2006.
"International and Institutional R&D Spillovers: Attribution of Benefits among Sources for Brazil's New Crop Varieties,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 88(1), pages 104-123.
- Pardey, Philip G. & Alston, Julian M. & Chan-Kang, Connie & Magalhaes, Eduardo Castelo & Vosti, Stephen A., 2002. "International And Institutional R&D Spillovers: Attribution Of Benefits Among Sources For Brazil'S New Crop Varieties," Working Papers 14422, University of Minnesota, Center for International Food and Agricultural Policy.
- Alston, Julian M. & Pardey, Philip G. & Chan-Kang, Connie & Magalhaes, Eduardo Castelo & Vosti, Stephen A., 2004. "International And Institutional R&D Spillovers: Attribution Of Benefits Among Sources For Brazil'S New Crop Varieties," Staff Papers 14017, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- Stanley Wood & Liangzhi You & Xiaobo Zhang, 2004.
"Spatial Patterns of Crop Yields in Latin America and the Caribbean,"
Latin American Journal of Economics-formerly Cuadernos de Economía,
Instituto de Economía. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 41(124), pages 361-381.
- Wood, Stanley & You, Liangzhi & Zhang, Xiaobo, 2004. "Spatial patterns of crop yields in Latin America and the Caribbean:," EPTD discussion papers 124, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Shorrocks, Anthony F, 1984. "Inequality Decomposition by Population Subgroups," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(6), pages 1369-1385, November.
- Cabrer-Borras, Bernardi & Serrano-Domingo, Guadalupe, 2007. "Innovation and R&D spillover effects in Spanish regions: A spatial approach," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(9), pages 1357-1371, November.
- Timo Goeschl & Timothy Swanson, 2000. "Genetic use restriction technologies and the diffusion of yield gains to developing countries," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(8), pages 1159-1178.
- Rosamond Naylor & Walter Falcon & Nikolas Wada & Daniel Rochberg, 2002. "Using El Nino-Southern Oscillation Climate Data To Improve Food Policy Planning In Indonesia," Bulletin of Indonesian Economic Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(1), pages 75-91.
- Xiaobo Zhang & Shenggen Fan & Ximing Cai, 2002. "The Path Of Technology Diffusion: Which Neighbors To Learn From?," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 20(4), pages 470-478, October.
- X. Zhang & R. Kanbur, 2001.
"What Difference Do Polarisation Measures Make? An Application to China,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(3), pages 85-98.
- Zhang, Siao-Bo & Kanbur, Ravi, 1999. "What Difference Do Polarization Measures Make? An Application To China," Working Papers 7224, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Zhihai Yang & Amin W. Mugera & Fan Zhang, 2016. "Investigating Yield Variability and Inefficiency in Rice Production: A Case Study in Central China," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(8), pages 1-11, August.
More about this item
Keywordsrice productivity; spatial convergence; technology spillover; China; Brazil;
- O33 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
- O57 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Comparative Studies of Countries
- Q16 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - R&D; Agricultural Technology; Biofuels; Agricultural Extension Services
- R12 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Size and Spatial Distributions of Regional Economic Activity; Interregional Trade (economic geography)
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2008-09-29 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2008-09-29 (All new papers)
- NEP-CNA-2008-09-29 (China)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:unu:wpaper:rp2008-30. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mauricio Roa Grisales). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/widerfi.html .