Domestic intellectual property rights protection and exports: Accessing the credit channel
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Kalina Manova, 2013.
"Credit Constraints, Heterogeneous Firms, and International Trade,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 80(2), pages 711-744.
- Kalina Manova, 2008. "Credit Constraints, Heterogeneous Firms, and International Trade," NBER Working Papers 14531, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Amable, Bruno & Chatelain, Jean-Bernard & Ralf, Kirsten, 2010.
"Patents as collateral,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 1092-1104, June.
- Chatelain, Jean-Bernard & Ralf, Kirsten & Bruno, Amable, 2010. "Patents as Collateral," MPRA Paper 44698, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bruno Amable & Jean-Bernard Chatelain & Kirsten Ralf, 2010. "Patents as Collateral," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00475854, HAL.
- Bruno Amable & Jean-Bernard Chatelain & Kirsten Ralf, 2010. "Patents as Collateral," Post-Print hal-00475854, HAL.
- Smith, Pamela J., 1999. "Are weak patent rights a barrier to U.S. exports?," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 151-177, June.
- Rajan, Raghuram G & Zingales, Luigi, 1998.
"Financial Dependence and Growth,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 88(3), pages 559-586, June.
- Raghuram G. Rajan & Luigi Zingales, "undated". "Financial Dependence and Growth," CRSP working papers 344, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- Raghuram G. Rajan & Luigi Zingales, 1996. "Financial Dependence and Growth," NBER Working Papers 5758, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Richard Baldwin & Daria Taglioni, 2006.
"Gravity for Dummies and Dummies for Gravity Equations,"
NBER Working Papers
12516, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Baldwin, Richard & Taglioni, Daria, 2006. "Gravity for Dummies and Dummies for Gravity Equations," CEPR Discussion Papers 5850, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Kenneth Arrow, 1962. "Economic Welfare and the Allocation of Resources for Invention," NBER Chapters, in: The Rate and Direction of Inventive Activity: Economic and Social Factors, pages 609-626, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ivus, Olena & Park, Walter, 2019.
"Patent reforms and exporter behaviour: Firm-level evidence from developing countries,"
Journal of the Japanese and International Economies,
Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 129-147.
- Olena Ivus & Walter Park, 2018. "Patent Reforms and Exporter Behaviour: Firm-Level Evidence from Developing Countries," NBER Chapters, in: Globalization and Welfare Impacts of International Trade, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Keith E. Maskus & Lei Yang, 2018. "Domestic patent rights, access to technologies and the structure of exports," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 51(2), pages 483-509, May.
- Krugman, Paul, 1979. "A Model of Innovation, Technology Transfer, and the World Distribution of Income," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(2), pages 253-266, April.
- Alimov, Azizjon, 2019. "Intellectual property rights reform and the cost of corporate debt," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 91(C), pages 195-211.
- Mazzoleni, Roberto & Nelson, Richard R., 1998. "The benefits and costs of strong patent protection: a contribution to the current debate," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 273-284, July.
- Neil Foster, 2014. "Intellectual property rights and the margins of international trade," The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(1), pages 1-30, February.
- Volker Nitsch, 2009.
"Die another day: duration in German import trade,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv),
Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 145(1), pages 133-154, April.
- Volker Nitsch, 2007. "Die Another Day: Duration in German Import Trade," DEGIT Conference Papers c012_037, DEGIT, Dynamics, Economic Growth, and International Trade.
- Nitsch, Volker, 2008. "Die another day: duration in German import trade," Discussion Papers 2008/17, Free University Berlin, School of Business & Economics.
- Walter G. Park & Douglas C. Lippoldt, 2008. "Technology Transfer and the Economic Implications of the Strengthening of Intellectual Property Rights in Developing Countries," OECD Trade Policy Papers 62, OECD Publishing.
- Hall, Bronwyn H. & Lerner, Josh, 2010.
"The Financing of R&D and Innovation,"
Handbook of the Economics of Innovation, in: Bronwyn H. Hall & Nathan Rosenberg (ed.), Handbook of the Economics of Innovation, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 0, pages 609-639,
- Bronwyn H. Hall & Josh Lerner, 2009. "The Financing of R&D and Innovation," NBER Working Papers 15325, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hall, Bronwyn H. & Lerner, Josh, 2010. "The Financing of R&D and Innovation," MERIT Working Papers 012, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Keith E. Maskus, 2015. "Intellectual property in a globalizing world: issues for economic research," Asia-Pacific Journal of Accounting & Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(3), pages 231-250, September.
- Mercedes Delgado & Margaret Kyle & Anita M. McGahan, 2013. "Intellectual Property Protection and the Geography of Trade," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 61(3), pages 733-762, September.
- Azomahou,Theophile Thomas & Maemir,Hibret Belete & Wako,Hassen A., 2018. "Contractual Frictions and the Margins of Trade," Policy Research Working Paper Series 8631, The World Bank.
- Ndubuisi, Gideon & Foster-McGregor, Neil, 2018. "Domestic intellectual property rights protection and the margins of bilateral exports," MERIT Working Papers 035, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Huang, Wei-Chi & Lai, Ching-Chong & Chen, Ping-Ho, 2017. "International R&D funding and patent collateral in an R&D-based growth model," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 545-561.
- Vernon, Raymond, 1979. "The Product Cycle Hypothesis in a New International Environment," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 41(4), pages 255-267, November.
- Chen, Wei-Chih, 2012. "Innovation and duration of exports," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 115(2), pages 305-308.
- Walter G. Park & Juan Carlos Ginarte, 1997. "Intellectual Property Rights And Economic Growth," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 15(3), pages 51-61, July.
More about this item
KeywordsIntellectual Property Rights; Exports; Access to Finance;
- F10 - International Economics - - Trade - - - General
- F13 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Policy; International Trade Organizations
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
- F36 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Financial Aspects of Economic Integration
- O33 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
- O34 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Intellectual Property and Intellectual Capital
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ACC-2019-05-20 (Accounting & Auditing)
- NEP-BEC-2019-05-20 (Business Economics)
- NEP-INO-2019-05-20 (Innovation)
- NEP-INT-2019-05-20 (International Trade)
- NEP-IPR-2019-05-20 (Intellectual Property Rights)
- NEP-SBM-2019-05-20 (Small Business Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:unm:unumer:2019017. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ad Notten). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/meritnl.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.