Lessons from the financial crisis: Funded pension funds should invest conservatively
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Matsen, Egil & Thogersen, Oystein, 2004.
"Designing social security - a portfolio choice approach,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 48(4), pages 883-904, August.
- Egil Matsen & Øystein Thøgersen, 2000. "Designing Social Security – A Portfolio Choice Approach," Working Paper Series 1102, Department of Economics, Norwegian University of Science and Technology.
- Matsen, E. & Thogersen, O., 2001. "Designing Social Security - A Portfolio Choice Approach," Papers 21/2001, Norwegian School of Economics and Business Administration-.
- David K. Miles, 2000. "Funded and Unfunded Pension Schemes: Risk, Return and Welfare," CESifo Working Paper Series 239, CESifo Group Munich.
- Maurer, Raimond & Mitchell, Olivia S. & Rogalla, Ralph, 2009.
"Managing contribution and capital market risk in a funded public defined benefit plan: Impact of CVaR cost constraints,"
Insurance: Mathematics and Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 25-34, August.
- Raimond Maurer & Olivia S. Mitchell & Ralph Rogalla, 2008. "Managing Contribution and Capital Market Risk in a Funded Public Defined Benefit Plan: Impact of CVaR Cost Constraints," NBER Working Papers 14332, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bas van Groezen & Lex Meijdam & Harrie A. A. Verbon, 2007. "The Case For Pay-As-You-Go Pensions In A Service Economy," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 54(2), pages 151-165, May.
- Markus Knell, 2010.
"The Optimal Mix Between Funded and Unfunded Pension Systems When People Care About Relative Consumption,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 77(308), pages 710-733, October.
- Markus Knell, 2008. "The Optimal Mix Between Funded and Unfunded Pensions System When People Care About Relative Consumption," Working Papers 146, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank).
- Gary Burtless, 2010.
"Lessons of the Financial Crisis for the Design of National Pension Systems,"
CESifo Economic Studies,
CESifo, vol. 56(3), pages 323-349, September.
- Gary Burtless, 2009. "Lessons of the Financial Crisis for the Design of National Pension Systems," CESifo Working Paper Series 2735, CESifo Group Munich.
- Dutta, Jayasri & Kapur, Sandeep & Orszag, J. Michael, 2000. "A portfolio approach to the optimal funding of pensions," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 201-206, November.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-04-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-CMP-2011-04-16 (Computational Economics)
- NEP-MAC-2011-04-16 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:unm:umamet:2011020. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Leonne Portz). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/meteonl.html .