Lessons from the financial crisis: Funded pension funds should invest conservatively
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Matsen, Egil & Thogersen, Oystein, 2004.
"Designing social security - a portfolio choice approach,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 48(4), pages 883-904, August.
- Egil Matsen & Øystein Thøgersen, 2000. "Designing Social Security – A Portfolio Choice Approach," Working Paper Series 1102, Department of Economics, Norwegian University of Science and Technology.
- Matsen, E. & Thogersen, O., 2001. "Designing Social Security - A Portfolio Choice Approach," Papers 21/2001, Norwegian School of Economics and Business Administration-.
- David K. Miles, 2000. "Funded and Unfunded Pension Schemes: Risk, Return and Welfare," CESifo Working Paper Series 239, CESifo Group Munich.
- Maurer, Raimond & Mitchell, Olivia S. & Rogalla, Ralph, 2009.
"Managing contribution and capital market risk in a funded public defined benefit plan: Impact of CVaR cost constraints,"
Insurance: Mathematics and Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 25-34, August.
- Raimond Maurer & Olivia S. Mitchell & Ralph Rogalla, 2008. "Managing Contribution and Capital Market Risk in a Funded Public Defined Benefit Plan: Impact of CVaR Cost Constraints," NBER Working Papers 14332, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Markus Knell, 2010.
"The Optimal Mix Between Funded and Unfunded Pension Systems When People Care About Relative Consumption,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 77(308), pages 710-733, October.
- Markus Knell, 2008. "The Optimal Mix Between Funded and Unfunded Pensions System When People Care About Relative Consumption," Working Papers 146, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank).
- Bas van Groezen & Lex Meijdam & Harrie A. A. Verbon, 2007. "The Case For Pay-As-You-Go Pensions In A Service Economy," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 54(2), pages 151-165, May.
- Dutta, Jayasri & Kapur, Sandeep & Orszag, J. Michael, 2000. "A portfolio approach to the optimal funding of pensions," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 201-206, November.
- Gary Burtless, 2010.
"Lessons of the Financial Crisis for the Design of National Pension Systems,"
CESifo Economic Studies,
CESifo, vol. 56(3), pages 323-349, September.
- Gary Burtless, 2009. "Lessons of the Financial Crisis for the Design of National Pension Systems," CESifo Working Paper Series 2735, CESifo Group Munich.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-04-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-CMP-2011-04-16 (Computational Economics)
- NEP-MAC-2011-04-16 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:unm:umamet:2011020. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Leonne Portz). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/meteonl.html .