Contract Prolongation In Innovation Production As A Principal-Agent Problem With Moral Hazard
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Cantor, Richard M, 1988. "Work Effort and Contract Length," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 55(219), pages 343-353, August.
- Flinn, Christopher J, 1997.
"Equilibrium Wage and Dismissal Processes,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 15(2), pages 221-236, April.
- Flinn, Christopher J., 1991. "Equilibrium Wage and Dismissal Processes," Working Papers 91-15, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Flinn, C.J., 1993. "Equilibrium Wage and Dismissal Processes," Working Papers 93-38, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Ross, Stephen A, 1973. "The Economic Theory of Agency: The Principal's Problem," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 63(2), pages 134-139, May.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E & Weiss, Andrew, 1983. "Incentive Effects of Terminations: Applications to the Credit and Labor Markets," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(5), pages 912-927, December.
- Morton I. Kamien & Nancy L. Schwartz, 1980. "A Generalized Hazard Rate," Discussion Papers 435, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Marc Robinson, 1996. "Job Insecurity in the New Model of Public Employment," The Economic and Labour Relations Review, , vol. 7(2), pages 262-284, December.
- Arijit Sen, 1996. "Termination Clauses in Long‐Term Contracts," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 5(4), pages 473-496, December.
- Kamien, Morton I. & Schwartz, Nancy L., 1980. "A generalized hazard rate," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 245-249.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Edward B. Barbier, 2016. "The Protective Value of Estuarine and Coastal Ecosystem Services in a Wealth Accounting Framework," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 64(1), pages 37-58, May.
- Goel, Rajeev K. & Ram, Rati, 2001. "Irreversibility of R&D investment and the adverse effect of uncertainty: Evidence from the OECD countries," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 71(2), pages 287-291, May.
- Joseph E. Stiglitz, 1988. "Money, Credit, and Business Fluctuations," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 64(4), pages 307-322, December.
- Michael Spence, 2002.
"Signaling in Retrospect and the Informational Structure of Markets,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(3), pages 434-459, June.
- Spence, A. Michael, 2001. "Signaling in Retrospect and the Informational Structure of Markets," Nobel Prize in Economics documents 2001-6, Nobel Prize Committee.
- Rajeev K. Goel, 1999. "On contracting for uncertain R&D," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(2), pages 99-106.
- Rajeev K. Goel & Michael A. Nelson, 2021.
"How do firms use innovations to hedge against economic and political uncertainty? Evidence from a large sample of nations,"
The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 46(2), pages 407-430, April.
- Goel, Rajeev K. & Nelson, Michael A., 2019. "Using innovation to hedge against economic and political uncertainty evidence from emerging nations," Kiel Working Papers 2142, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Goel, Rajeev K. & Hsieh, Edward W.T., 2006. "On coordinating environmental policy and technology policy," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 28(8), pages 897-908, November.
- Ottoo, Richard E., 1998. "Valuation of Internal Growth Opportunities: The Case of a Biotechnology Company," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 38(3, Part 2), pages 615-633.
- Rajeev Goel, 2007. "Research spending under regulatory uncertainty," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 32(6), pages 593-604, December.
- Florian Baumann & Klaus Heine, 2013. "Innovation, Tort Law, and Competition," Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE), Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 169(4), pages 703-719, December.
- Panu Poutvaara & Tuomas Takalo & Andreas Wagener, 2017. "The Optimal Duration of Contracts," CESifo Working Paper Series 6808, CESifo.
- Rajeev Goel & Daniel Rich, 1997. "On the adoption of new technologies," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(4), pages 513-518.
- Garner, Jacqueline L. & Nam, Jouahn & Ottoo, Richard E., 2002. "Determinants of corporate growth opportunities of emerging firms," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 73-93.
- Karbowski, Adam, 2009. "The corporate governance implications for China," MPRA Paper 73625, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Adi Masli & Matthew G. Sherwood & Rajendra P. Srivastava, 2018. "Attributes and Structure of an Effective Board of Directors: A Theoretical Investigation," Abacus, Accounting Foundation, University of Sydney, vol. 54(4), pages 485-523, December.
- Ernest Dautovic, 2019.
"Has Regulatory Capital Made Banks Safer? Skin in the Game vs Moral Hazard,"
Cahiers de Recherches Economiques du Département d'économie
19.03, Université de Lausanne, Faculté des HEC, Département d’économie.
- Dautović, Ernest, 2020. "Has regulatory capital made banks safer? Skin in the game vs moral hazard," Working Paper Series 2449, European Central Bank.
- Dautović, Ernest, 2019. "Has regulatory capital made banks safer? Skin in the game vs moral hazard," ESRB Working Paper Series 91, European Systemic Risk Board.
- Giovanni Trovato & Marco AlfÃ³, 2006. "Credit rationing and the financial structure of Italian small and medium enterprises," Journal of Applied Economics, Universidad del CEMA, vol. 9, pages 167-184, May.
- Robert E. Till & Mary Beth Yount, 2019. "Governance and Incentives: Is It Really All about the Money?," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 159(3), pages 605-618, October.
- Demiralp, Berna, 2011.
"Occupational self-selection in a labor market with moral hazard,"
European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 55(4), pages 497-519, May.
- Demiralp, Berna, 2007. "Occupational Self-Selection in a Labor Market with Moral Hazard," MPRA Paper 2314, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Maria del Mar Miras & Bernabe Escobar & Amalia Carrasco, 2014. "Are Spanish Listed Firms Betting on CSR during the Crisis? Evidence from the Agency Problem," Business and Management Research, Business and Management Research, Sciedu Press, vol. 3(1), pages 85-95, March.
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:unm:umamer:2001036. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/meritnl.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Leonne Portz (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/meritnl.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.