Are Spanish Listed Firms Betting on CSR during the Crisis? Evidence from the Agency Problem
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Abagail McWilliams & Donald S. Siegel & Patrick M. Wright, 2006. "Corporate Social Responsibility: Strategic Implications," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(1), pages 1-18, January.
- David Williamson & Gary Lynch-Wood & John Ramsay, 2006. "Drivers of Environmental Behaviour in Manufacturing SMEs and the Implications for CSR," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 67(3), pages 317-330, September.
- Alexander Dahlsrud, 2008. "How corporate social responsibility is defined: an analysis of 37 definitions," Corporate Social Responsibility and Environmental Management, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 15(1), pages 1-13, January.
- Jensen, Michael C. & Meckling, William H., 1976. "Theory of the firm: Managerial behavior, agency costs and ownership structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 305-360, October.
- Adriana SCHIOPOIU BURLEA & Carmen RADU & Liviu CRACIUN & Costel IONASCU & Marius MITRACHE & Radu LOLESCU, 2010. "The Relationship Between Financial Crisis, Corruption, And Corporate Social Responsibility In Romania," Management and Marketing Journal, University of Craiova, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, vol. 0(1), pages 65-72, May.
- Bert Scholtens & Yangqin Zhou, 2008. "Stakeholder relations and financial performance," Sustainable Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(3), pages 213-232.
- Won Oh & Young Chang & Aleksey Martynov, 2011. "The Effect of Ownership Structure on Corporate Social Responsibility: Empirical Evidence from Korea," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 104(2), pages 283-297, December.
- Ross, Stephen A, 1973. "The Economic Theory of Agency: The Principal's Problem," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 63(2), pages 134-139, May.
- Bryan W. Husted & José De Jesus Salazar, 2006. "Taking Friedman Seriously: Maximizing Profits and Social Performance," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(1), pages 75-91, January.
- Jordi Surroca & Josep A. Tribó & Sandra Waddock, 2010. "Corporate responsibility and financial performance: the role of intangible resources," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 31(5), pages 463-490, May.
- David A. Waldman & Donald S. Siegel & Mansour Javidan, 2006. "Components of CEO Transformational Leadership and Corporate Social Responsibility," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(8), pages 1703-1725, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Zaneta Simanaviciene & Rima Kontautiene & Arturas Simanavicius, 2017. "Assumptions of Corporate Social Responsibility as Competitiveness Factor," Montenegrin Journal of Economics, Economic Laboratory for Transition Research (ELIT), vol. 13(3), pages 149-160.
- Sara Mehrab Daniali & Sergey Evgenievich Barykin & Mostafa Ghanbari Ghalerodkhani & Andrey Viktorovich Kharlamov & Tatiana Lvovna Kharlamova & Oksana Vladimirovna Savvina & Diana Igorevna Stepanova, 2021. "Evaluation of Strategies to Improve the Corporate Social Responsibility Performance in Food and Pharmaceutical Industries: Empirical Evidence from Iran," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 13(22), pages 1, November.
- María del Mar Miras-Rodríguez & Roberto Di Pietra, 2018. "Corporate Governance mechanisms as drivers that enhance the credibility and usefulness of CSR disclosure," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 22(3), pages 565-588, September.
- Miras Rodríguez, María del Mar & Escobar Pérez, Bernabé, 2016. "Há Influência do ambiente institucional nas práticas de divulgação de RSC? O papel da governança," RAE - Revista de Administração de Empresas, FGV-EAESP Escola de Administração de Empresas de São Paulo (Brazil), vol. 56(6), November.
- repec:mje:mjejnl:v:12:y:2017:i:3:p:149-160 is not listed on IDEAS
- Seles, Bruno Michel Roman Pais & Lopes de Sousa Jabbour, Ana Beatriz & Jabbour, Charbel Jose Chiappetta & Latan, Hengky & Roubaud, David, 2019. "Do Environmental Practices Improve Business Performance Even in an Economic Crisis? Extending the Win-Win Perspective," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 163(C), pages 189-204.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Joern H. Block & Marcus Wagner, 2014. "The Effect of Family Ownership on Different Dimensions of Corporate Social Responsibility: Evidence from Large US Firms," Business Strategy and the Environment, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 23(7), pages 475-492, November.
- Jian Zhang & Dongmin Kong & Ji Wu, 2018. "Doing Good Business by Hiring Directors with Foreign Experience," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 153(3), pages 859-876, December.
- Gangi, Francesco & Meles, Antonio & Monferrà, Stefano & Mustilli, Mario, 2020. "Does corporate social responsibility help the survivorship of SMEs and large firms?," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 43(C).
- Kunapatarawong, Rasi & Martínez Ros, Ester, 2013. "Influences of institutional pressures on corporate social responsibility attitude and corporate social responsibility outcomes," DEE - Working Papers. Business Economics. WB wb130301, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía de la Empresa.
- Bongani Munkuli & Renee Horne, 2018. "Financial Markets Value Reputation for Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) – A Study of the South African Mining Sector," Africagrowth Agenda, Africagrowth Institute, vol. 15(2), pages 17-22.
- Fredrick Onyango Ogola & Josep F. Mària, 2020. "Mechanisms for development in corporate citizenship: a multi-level review," International Journal of Corporate Social Responsibility, Springer, vol. 5(1), pages 1-16, December.
- Sylvia Grewatsch & Ingo Kleindienst, 2017. "When Does It Pay to be Good? Moderators and Mediators in the Corporate Sustainability–Corporate Financial Performance Relationship: A Critical Review," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 145(2), pages 383-416, October.
- Lee, Gilsoo & Cho, Sam Yul & Arthurs, Jonathan & Lee, Eun Kyung, 2020. "Celebrity CEO, identity threat, and impression management: Impact of celebrity status on corporate social responsibility," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 111(C), pages 69-84.
- Saeidi, Sayedeh Parastoo & Sofian, Saudah & Saeidi, Parvaneh & Saeidi, Sayyedeh Parisa & Saaeidi, Seyyed Alireza, 2015. "How does corporate social responsibility contribute to firm financial performance? The mediating role of competitive advantage, reputation, and customer satisfaction," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 68(2), pages 341-350.
- Md. Abdul Kaium Masud & Mohammad Nurunnabi & Seong Mi Bae, 2018. "The effects of corporate governance on environmental sustainability reporting: empirical evidence from South Asian countries," Asian Journal of Sustainability and Social Responsibility, Springer, vol. 3(1), pages 1-26, December.
- Venugopal Ramachandran, 2011. "Strategic corporate social responsibility: a ‘dynamic capabilities’ perspective," Corporate Social Responsibility and Environmental Management, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 18(5), pages 285-293, September.
- Hans B. Christensen & Luzi Hail & Christian Leuz, 2021.
"Mandatory CSR and sustainability reporting: economic analysis and literature review,"
Review of Accounting Studies, Springer, vol. 26(3), pages 1176-1248, September.
- Hans B. Christensen & Luzi Hail & Christian Leuz, 2019. "Mandatory CSR and Sustainability Reporting: Economic Analysis and Literature Review," NBER Working Papers 26169, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- El Ghoul, Sadok & Guedhami, Omrane & Wang, He & Kwok, Chuck C.Y., 2016. "Family control and corporate social responsibility," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 131-146.
- Christof Miska & Mark E. Mendenhall, 2018. "Responsible Leadership: A Mapping of Extant Research and Future Directions," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 148(1), pages 117-134, March.
- Patrick Velte, 2023. "Which institutional investors drive corporate sustainability? A systematic literature review," Business Strategy and the Environment, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(1), pages 42-71, January.
- Sadia Cheema & Bilal Afsar & Basheer M. Al‐Ghazali & Ahsen Maqsoom, 2020. "Retracted: How employee's perceived corporate social responsibility affects employee's pro‐environmental behaviour? The influence of organizational identification, corporate entrepreneurship, and envi," Corporate Social Responsibility and Environmental Management, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 27(2), pages 616-629, March.
- Edilson Bacinello & Gérson Tontini & Anete Alberton, 2021. "Influence of corporate social responsibility on sustainable practices of small and medium‐sized enterprises: Implications on business performance," Corporate Social Responsibility and Environmental Management, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 28(2), pages 776-785, March.
- Tolossa Fufa Gulema & Yadessa Tadesse Roba, 2021. "Internal and external determinants of corporate social responsibility practices in multinational enterprise subsidiaries in developing countries: evidence from Ethiopia," Future Business Journal, Springer, vol. 7(1), pages 1-19, December.
- Kuang-Hua Hu & Sin-Jin Lin & Jau-Yang Liu & Fu-Hsiang Chen & Shih-Han Chen, 2018. "The Influences of CSR’s Multi-Dimensional Characteristics on Firm Value Determination by a Fusion Approach," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 10(11), pages 1-12, October.
- Back, Paula Regina, 2019. "On the relationship between corporate social responsibility and competitive performance in Brazilian Small and Medium Enterprises - empirical evidence from a stakeholders’ perspective," Thesis Commons bdumw, Center for Open Science.
More about this item
- R00 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General - - - General
- Z0 - Other Special Topics - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jfr:bmr111:v:3:y:2014:i:1:p:85-95. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://bmr.sciedupress.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Simon Lee (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://bmr.sciedupress.com .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.