Information, Institutions and Banking Sector Development in West Africa
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Panicos Demetriades & David Fielding, 2012. "Information, Institutions, And Banking Sector Development In West Africa," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 50(3), pages 739-753, July.
- Panicos Demetriades & David Fielding, 2009. "Information, Institutions and Banking Sector Development in West Africa," Discussion Papers in Economics 09/4, Department of Economics, University of Leicester.
References listed on IDEAS
- Koopman, Siem Jan & Lucas, Andre & Klaassen, Pieter, 2005. "Empirical credit cycles and capital buffer formation," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(12), pages 3159-3179, December.
- Levine, Ross, 2005. "Finance and Growth: Theory and Evidence," Handbook of Economic Growth,in: Philippe Aghion & Steven Durlauf (ed.), Handbook of Economic Growth, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 12, pages 865-934 Elsevier.
- Arestis, Philip & Demetriades, Panicos O, 1997.
"Financial Development and Economic Growth: Assessing the Evidence,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 107(442), pages 783-799, May.
- Panicos O. Demetriades & Philip Arestis, 1996. "Financial Development and Economic Growth: Assessing the Evidence," Keele Department of Economics Discussion Papers (1995-2001) 96/16, Department of Economics, Keele University.
- Demetriades, Panicos O. & Andrianova, Svetlana, 2005. "Sources and Effectiveness of Financial Development: What We Know and What We Need to Know," WIDER Working Paper Series 076, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Laurent Weill, 2011.
"Does corruption hamper bank lending? Macro and micro evidence,"
Springer, vol. 41(1), pages 25-42, August.
- Weill, Laurent, 2009. "Does corruption hamper bank lending? : macro and micro evidence," BOFIT Discussion Papers 3/2009, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Laurent Weill, 2009. "Does Corruption Hamper Bank Lending? Macro and Micro Evidence," Working Papers of LaRGE Research Center 2009-09, Laboratoire de Recherche en Gestion et Economie (LaRGE), Université de Strasbourg.
- repec:rfe:zbefri:v:35:y:2017:i:1:p:173-198 is not listed on IDEAS
- Calixte Ahokpossi & Kareem Ismail & Sudipto Karmakar & Mesmin Koulet-Vickot, 2013. "Financial Depth in the WAEMU; Benchmarking Against Frontier SSA Countries," IMF Working Papers 13/161, International Monetary Fund.
- repec:rss:jnljee:v4i4p3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ibrahim, Mansor H. & Law, Siong Hook, 2014. "Social capital and CO2 emission—output relations: A panel analysis," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 528-534.
- Hovhannes Toroyan & George C. Anayiotos, 2009. "Institutional Factors and Financial Sector Development; Evidence from Sub-Saharan Africa," IMF Working Papers 09/258, International Monetary Fund.
- Syed Faizan Iftikhar, 2015. "Financial Reforms and Financial Fragility: A Panel Data Analysis," International Journal of Financial Studies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 3(2), pages 1-18, April.
- Nguyen, My & Perera, Shrimal & Skully, Michael, 2016. "Bank market power, ownership, regional presence and revenue diversification: Evidence from Africa," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 36-62.
More about this item
KeywordsAfrica; Banking; Default; Institutions; Liquidity;
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- O16 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Financial Markets; Saving and Capital Investment; Corporate Finance and Governance
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:otg:wpaper:0902. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Janet Bryant). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/etotanz.html .