The Exchange Rate: Economic Policy Tool Or Market Price?
The Exchange Rate: Economic Policy Tool or Market Price? The paper reconsiders the failure of mainstream economics to come up with a consistent and valid exchange rate theory. There has been broad consensus among economists for decades that changes in the
|Date of creation:||2002|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Palais des Nations, CH - 1211 Geneva 10|
Phone: +41 22 907 12 34
Fax: +41 22 907 00 43
Web page: http://www.unctad.org/Templates/Page.asp?intItemID=2101&lang=1
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Reinhart, Carmen & Calvo, Guillermo, 2002.
"Fear of floating,"
14000, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Guillermo A. Calvo & Carmen M. Reinhart, 2000.
"Fixing for Your Life,"
NBER Working Papers
8006, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barry Eichengreen & Ricardo Hausmann, 1999.
"Exchange rates and financial fragility,"
Proceedings - Economic Policy Symposium - Jackson Hole,
Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, pages 329-368.
- Martin Feldstein & Charles Horioka, 1979.
"Domestic Savings and International Capital Flows,"
NBER Working Papers
0310, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Obstfeld, Maurice, 2001.
"International Macroeconomics: Beyond the Mundell-Fleming Model,"
Center for International and Development Economics Research, Working Paper Series
qt6796n8s0, Center for International and Development Economics Research, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Maurice Obstfeld, 2001. "International Macroeconomics: Beyond the Mundell-Fleming Model," NBER Working Papers 8369, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Maurice Obstfeld., 2001. "International Macroeconomics: Beyond the Mundell-Fleming Model," Center for International and Development Economics Research (CIDER) Working Papers C01-121, University of California at Berkeley.
- Maurice Obstfeld, 2003. "International Macroeconomics: Beyond the Mundell-Fleming Model," International Finance 0303006, EconWPA.
- Fama, Eugene F, 1970. "Efficient Capital Markets: A Review of Theory and Empirical Work," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 25(2), pages 383-417, May.
- Dilip K. DAS, 2000. "Asian Crisis: Distilling Critical Lessons," UNCTAD Discussion Papers 152, United Nations Conference on Trade and Development.
- Maurice Obstfeld & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 1996. "Foundations of International Macroeconomics," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262150476, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:unc:dispap:157. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joerg Mayer)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.