Dinámica del mercado laboral uruguayo
This paper looks at labor force mobility in the formal labor market in Uruguay during 1997-2009. The study is based on a sample of longitudianal labor histories taken from the social security administrative records. Different indicators are considered : entry and exit rates, transitions across different labor market states, job to job mobility and non parametric analysis of flows out of the formal labor market. Our results whow significante mobility in terms of entries and exits from the formal labor market, with important heterogeneities between groups. Job to job flows show an important inertia in terms of firm size and income levels. In addition, duration out of the formal labor market for those workers who become beneficiaries of the unemployment insurance program presents a mode around six months, the maximum duration of the program (until its reformulation in 2009). The document shows that survival rats are higher for women, older owrkers, employers and higher income workers. Also, workers in services (where the presence of the public sector is high) and in bigger firms also present higher survival rates.
|Date of creation:||Nov 2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Joaquín Requena 1375, CP 11200, Montevideo|
Phone: (598) 2400-0406
Fax: (598) 2419-8727
Web page: http://www.iecon.ccee.edu.uy/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Burdín, Gabriel & Dean, Andrés, 2012. "Revisiting the objectives of worker-managed firms: An empirical assessment," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 158-171.
- Verónica Amarante & Rodrigo Arim & Andrés Dean, 2012.
"The effects of being out of the labor market on subsequent wages: evidence for Uruguay,"
Documentos de Trabajo (working papers)
12-10, Instituto de Economía - IECON.
- Verónica Amarante & Rodrigo Arim & Andrés Dean, 2014. "The Effects of Being Out of the Labor Market on Subsequent Wages: Evidence for Uruguay," Journal of Labor Research, Springer, vol. 35(1), pages 39-62, March.
- repec:idb:wpaper:4731 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bucheli, Marisa & Forteza, Alvaro & Rossi, Ianina, 2010. "Work histories and the access to contributory pensions: the case of Uruguay," Journal of Pension Economics and Finance, Cambridge University Press, vol. 9(03), pages 369-391, July.
- Burdín, Gabriel & Dean, Andrés, 2009. "New evidence on wages and employment in worker cooperatives compared with capitalist firms," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 517-533, December.
- Verónica Amarante & Andrés Dean & Rodrigo Arím, 2013.
"Unemployment Insurance Design and Its Effects: Evidence for Uruguay,"
REVISTA DESARROLLO Y SOCIEDAD,
UNIVERSIDAD DE LOS ANDES-CEDE, June.
- Verónica Amarante & Rodrigo Arim & Andrés Dean, 2012. "Unemployment insurance design and its effects: evidence from the Uruguayan case," Documentos de Trabajo (working papers) 12-09, Instituto de Economía - IECON.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ulr:wpaper:dt-17-12. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Andrés Dean)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.