An interval version of PROMETHEE for the comparison of building products design with ill-defined data on environmental quality
Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) is a powerful technique used to calculate total input and output flows of materials and energy from and to the environment during every step of a product life. A measure of a product Environmental Quality (EQ) can then be derived and help in the selection and in the design of more environmentally friendly design alternatives. EQ is a multicriteria measurement. In the construction field, LCA flows cannot be known with precision without loss of realism. Hence intervals have been introduced to model them. Thus, different designs are characterized by interval multicriteria measures. Manipulation of such environmental performances calls for a MCDA method which (1) does not allow for trade-offs between criteria, (2) preserves as much information as possible and (3) is simple enough to be understood by non-specialist users. PROMETHEE was identified as a suitable method according to the previous criteria, but it is not able to handle interval performances so far. We discuss the necessary changes to devise an interval version, called "PROMETHEE I". © 1998 Elsevier Science B.V. All rights reserved.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:||1998|
|Publication status:||Published in: European Journal of Operational Research (1998)|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: CP135, 50, avenue F.D. Roosevelt, 1050 Bruxelles|
Web page: http://difusion.ulb.ac.be
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mareschal, Bertrand, 1986.
"Stochastic multicriteria decision making and uncertainty,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 58-64, July.
- Bertrand Mareschal, 1986. "Stochastic multicriteria decision-making and uncertainty," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/9309, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Bertrand Mareschal & Jean Pierre Brans, 1994. "PROMCALC & GAIA: a new decision support system for multicriteria decision aid," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/9349, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Bertrand Mareschal & Jean Pierre Brans & Philippe Vincke, 1986. "How to select and how to rank projects: the Prométhée method," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/9307, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Brans, J. P. & Vincke, Ph. & Mareschal, B., 1986. "How to select and how to rank projects: The method," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 228-238, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ulb:ulbeco:2013/9371. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Benoit Pauwels)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.