Does The Impact of Trade Liberalisation on Exports, Imports, the Balance of Payments and Growth: the Case of Mexico
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- J.-C. Moreno-Brid, 1998.
"Balance-of-payments constrained economic growth: the case of Mexico,"
BNL Quarterly Review,
Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 51(207), pages 413-433.
- J.-C. Moreno-Brid, 1998. "Balance-of-payments constrained economic growth: the case of Mexico," Banca Nazionale del Lavoro Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 51(207), pages 413-433.
- Balassa, Bela, 1983. "Trade policy in Mexico," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 11(9), pages 795-811, September.
- Clavijo, Fernando & Faini, Riccardo, 1990. "Las elasticidades ingreso cíclicas y seculares de la demanda de importaciones en los países en desarrollo," El Trimestre Económico, Fondo de Cultura Económica, vol. 0(225), pages 89-100, enero-mar.
- John S.L. McCombie, 1997. "On the Empirics of Balance-Of-Payments–Constrained Growth," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(3), pages 345-375, March.
- Parikh, Ashok, 2002. "Impact of Liberalization, Economic Growth and Trade Policies on Current Accounts of Developing Countries: An Econometric Study," WIDER Working Paper Series 063, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Thirlwall, Anthony P & Hussain, Mohammed Nureldin, 1982. "The Balance of Payments Constraint, Capital Flows and Growth Rate Differences between Developing Countries," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 34(3), pages 498-510, November.
- Anthony P. Thirlwall, 2011.
"The Balance of Payments Constraint as an Explanation of International Growth Rate Differences,"
PSL Quarterly Review,
Economia civile, vol. 64(259), pages 429-438.
- Anthony Philip Thirlwall, 1979. "The Balance of Payments Constraint as an Explanation of International Growth Rate Differences," BNL Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 32(128), pages 45-53.
- Anthony Philip Thirlwall, 1979. "The Balance of Payments Constraint as an Explanation of International Growth Rate Differences," Banca Nazionale del Lavoro Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 32(128), pages 45-53.
- M. Hashem Pesaran & Yongcheol Shin & Richard J. Smith, 2001. "Bounds testing approaches to the analysis of level relationships," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(3), pages 289-326.
- World Bank, 2002. "World Development Indicators 2002," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 13921, November.
- Amelia Santos-Paulino & A. P. Thirlwall, 2004. "The impact of trade liberalisation on exports, imports and the balance of payments of developing countries," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 114(493), pages 50-72, February.
- Dani Rodrik, 1992. "The Limits of Trade Policy Reform in Developing Countries," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 6(1), pages 87-105, Winter.
- Juan Carlos Moreno-Brid, 1999. "Mexico's Economic Growth and the Balance of Payments Constraint: A cointegration analysis," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(2), pages 149-159.
- Ostry, Jonathan D. & Rose, Andrew K., 1992. "An empirical evaluation of the macroeconomic effects of tarrifs," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 63-79, February.
- Rudiger Dornbusch & Alejandro Werner, 1994. "Mexico: Stabilization, Reform, and No Growth," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 25(1), pages 253-316.
- Mary E. Burfisher & Sherman Robinson & Karen Thierfelder, 2001. "The Impact of NAFTA on the United States," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 15(1), pages 125-144, Winter.
- Skott, Peter & Larudee, Mehrene, 1998. "Uneven Development and the Liberalisation of Trade and Capital Flows: The Case of Mexico," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 22(3), pages 277-295, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Carlo Pietrobelli & Silvia Nenci, 2007. "Does tariff liberalization promote trade? Latin America in the long run (1900-2000)," Working Papers 0704, CREI Università degli Studi Roma Tre, revised 2007.
- Lanre Kassim, 2013. "The Impact of Trade Liberalisation on Export Growth and Import Growth in Sub-Saharan Africa," Studies in Economics 1310, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- Robert Blecker, 2007.
"External Shocks, Structural Change, and Economic Growth in Mexico, 1979-2006,"
wp157, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Robert A. Blecker, 2008. "External Shocks, Structural Change, and Economic Growth in Mexico 1979–2006," Working Papers 2008-04, American University, Department of Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsTrade liberalisation; NAFTA; Exports; Imports; Balance of Payments; Mexico;
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
- F13 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Policy; International Trade Organizations
- F32 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Current Account Adjustment; Short-term Capital Movements
- F43 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Economic Growth of Open Economies
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ukc:ukcedp:0401. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tracey Girling). General contact details of provider: http://www.kent.ac.uk/economics/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.