Olympic news and attitudes towards the Olympics: A compositional time-series analysis of how sentiment is affected by events
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Peter Dawson & Paul Downward & Terence C. Mills, 2014. "Olympic news and attitudes towards the Olympics: a compositional time-series analysis of how sentiment is affected by events," Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(6), pages 1307-1314, June.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kavetsos, Georgios & Szymanski, Stefan, 2010.
"National well-being and international sports events,"
Journal of Economic Psychology,
Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 158-171, April.
- Georgios Kavetsos & Stefan Szymanski, 2008. "National Wellbeing and International Sports Events," Working Papers 0804, International Association of Sports Economists;North American Association of Sports Economists.
- Bernd Süssmuth & Malte Heyne & Wolfgang Maennig, 2010. "Induced Civic Pride and Integration," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 72(2), pages 202-220, April.
- Robert Baade & Victor Matheson, 2000. "Bidding for the Olympics: Fools Gold?," IASE Conference Papers 0007, International Association of Sports Economists.
- Terence C. Mills, 2009. "Forecasting obesity trends in England," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 172(1), pages 107-117.
- J. K. Ashton & B. Gerrard & R. Hudson, 2003. "Economic impact of national sporting success: evidence from the London stock exchange," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(12), pages 783-785.
- Terence Mills, 2010. "Forecasting compositional time series," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 44(4), pages 673-690, June.
- Michael A. Leeds & John M. Mirikitani & Danna Tang, 2009. "Rational Exuberance? An Event Analysis of the 2008 Olympics Announcement," International Journal of Sport Finance, Fitness Information Technology, vol. 4(1), pages 5-15, February.
- James A Giesecke & John R Madden, 2007. "The Sydney Olympics, seven years on: an ex-post dynamic CGE assessment," Centre of Policy Studies/IMPACT Centre Working Papers g-168, Victoria University, Centre of Policy Studies/IMPACT Centre.
- Forrest, David & Sanz, Ismael & Tena, J.D., 2010. "Forecasting national team medal totals at the Summer Olympic Games," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 576-588, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eac:articl:03/16 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-06-04 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBE-2013-06-04 (Cognitive & Behavioural Economics)
- NEP-SPO-2013-06-04 (Sports & Economics)
- NEP-TUR-2013-06-04 (Tourism Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uea:aepppr:2012_46. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Theodore Turocy). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/esueauk.html .