When schools are the ones that choose: the effect of screening in Chile
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Dante Contreras & Paulina Sepúlveda & Sebastián Bustos, 2010. "When Schools Are the Ones that Choose: The Effects of Screening in Chile," Social Science Quarterly, Southwestern Social Science Association, vol. 91(5), pages 1349-1368, December.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mark Schneider & Gregory Elacqua & Jack Buckley, 2006. "School choice in Chile: Is it class or the classroom?," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 25(3), pages 577-601.
- Hanushek, Eric A & Rivkin, Steven G & Taylor, Lori L, 1996.
"Aggregation and the Estimated Effects of School Resources,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 78(4), pages 611-627, November.
- Hanushek, E-A & Rivkin, S-G & Taylor, L-L, 1995. "Aggregation and the Estimated Effects of School Resources," RCER Working Papers 397, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Eric A. Hanushek & Steven G. Rivkin & Lori L. Taylor, 1996. "Aggregation and the Estimated Effects of School Resources," NBER Working Papers 5548, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dante Contreras, 2002.
"Vouchers, School Choice and the Access to Higher Education,"
845, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Contreras, Dante, 2002. "Vouchers, School Choice and the Access to Higher Education," Center Discussion Papers 28442, Yale University, Economic Growth Center.
- McEwan, Patrick J., 2003. "Peer effects on student achievement: evidence from Chile," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 131-141, April.
- Hsieh, Chang-Tai & Urquiola, Miguel, 2006. "The effects of generalized school choice on achievement and stratification: Evidence from Chile's voucher program," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 90(8-9), pages 1477-1503, September.
- Patrick McEwan, 2001. "The Effectiveness of Public, Catholic, and Non-Religious Private Schools in Chile's Voucher System," Education Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(2), pages 103-128.
- Hanushek, Eric A, 1986. "The Economics of Schooling: Production and Efficiency in Public Schools," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 24(3), pages 1141-1177, September.
- Epple, Dennis & Romano, Richard E, 1998. "Competition between Private and Public Schools, Vouchers, and Peer-Group Effects," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 88(1), pages 33-62, March.
- Alejandra Mizala & Pilar Romaguera, 2000. "School Performance and Choice: The Chilean Experience," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 35(2), pages 392-417.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Francisco Gallego & Andrés Hernando, 2009. "School Choice in Chile: Looking at the Demand Side," Documentos de Trabajo 356, Instituto de Economia. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile..
- Marcela Rom‡n & Marcela Perticar‡, 2012.
"Student mobility in low quality schools: Segmentation among the most vulnerable students,"
Estudios de Economia, University of Chile, Department of Economics, vol. 39(2 Year 20), pages 159-177, December.
- Marcela Perticara & Marcela Roman, 2012. "Student mobility in low quality schools. Segmentation among the most vulnerable students," ILADES-UAH Working Papers inv286, Universidad Alberto Hurtado/School of Economics and Business.
- Rafael Carranza & Gabriel Otero & Dante Contreras, 2020. "Spatial divisions of poverty and wealth: How much does segregation matter for educational achievement?," Working Papers 543, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Dante Contreras & Jorge Rodríguez & Sergio Urzúa, 2019. "The Return to Private Education: Evidence from School-to-Work Transitions," Working Papers wp479, University of Chile, Department of Economics.
- Patrinos, Harry A. & Sakellariou, Chris, 2011.
"Quality of Schooling, Returns to Schooling and the 1981 Vouchers Reform in Chile,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(12), pages 2245-2256.
- Patrinos, Harry Anthony, 2008. "Quality of schooling, returns to schooling and the 1981 vouchers reform in Chile," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4617, The World Bank.
- Contreras, Dante & Brante, Miguel & Espinoza, Sebastian & Zuñiga, Isabel, 2020. "The effect of the integration of students with special educational needs: Evidence from Chile," International Journal of Educational Development, Elsevier, vol. 74(C).
- Redondo S., Amaia & Muñoz H., Pablo, 2013. "Inequality and academic achievement in Chile," Revista CEPAL, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), April.
More about this item
KeywordsScreening; Vouchers; School choice; Achievement; Stratification; Chile.;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:udc:wpaper:wp242. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mohit Karnani). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deuclcl.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.