When schools are the ones that choose: the effect of screening in Chile
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Dante Contreras & Paulina Sepúlveda & Sebastián Bustos, 2010. "When Schools Are the Ones that Choose: The Effects of Screening in Chile," Social Science Quarterly, Southwestern Social Science Association, vol. 91(s1), pages 1349-1368.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mark Schneider & Gregory Elacqua & Jack Buckley, 2006. "School choice in Chile: Is it class or the classroom?," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 25(3), pages 577-601.
- Hanushek, Eric A & Rivkin, Steven G & Taylor, Lori L, 1996.
"Aggregation and the Estimated Effects of School Resources,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 78(4), pages 611-627, November.
- Hanushek, E-A & Rivkin, S-G & Taylor, L-L, 1995. "Aggregation and the Estimated Effects of School Resources," RCER Working Papers 397, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Eric A. Hanushek & Steven G. Rivkin & Lori L. Taylor, 1996. "Aggregation and the Estimated Effects of School Resources," NBER Working Papers 5548, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Caroline M. Hoxby, 2000.
"Does Competition among Public Schools Benefit Students and Taxpayers?,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 90(5), pages 1209-1238, December.
- Caroline Minter Hoxby, 1994. "Does Competition Among Public Schools Benefit Students and Taxpayers?," NBER Working Papers 4979, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dante Contreras, 2002. "Vouchers, School Choice and the Access to Higher Education," Working Papers 845, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Caroline Minter Hoxby, 1994. "Do Private Schools Provide Competition for Public Schools?," NBER Working Papers 4978, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hanushek, Eric A, 1986. "The Economics of Schooling: Production and Efficiency in Public Schools," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 24(3), pages 1141-1177, September.
- Alejandra Mizala & Pilar Romaguera, 2000. "School Performance and Choice: The Chilean Experience," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 35(2), pages 392-417.
- MacLeod, Bentley, 2009.
"Anti-Lemons: School Reputation and Educational Quality,"
Department of Economics, Working Paper Series
qt3rc708kd, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- W. Bentley MacLeod & Miguel Urquiola, 2009. "Anti-Lemons: School Reputation and Educational Quality," NBER Working Papers 15112, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sandstrom, F. Mikael & Bergstrom, Fredrik, 2005. "School vouchers in practice: competition will not hurt you," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 89(2-3), pages 351-380, February.
- McEwan, Patrick J., 2003. "Peer effects on student achievement: evidence from Chile," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 131-141, April.
- Hsieh, Chang-Tai & Urquiola, Miguel, 2006. "The effects of generalized school choice on achievement and stratification: Evidence from Chile's voucher program," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 90(8-9), pages 1477-1503, September.
- Patrick McEwan, 2001. "The Effectiveness of Public, Catholic, and Non-Religious Private Schools in Chile's Voucher System," Education Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(2), pages 103-128.
- Epple, Dennis & Romano, Richard E, 1998. "Competition between Private and Public Schools, Vouchers, and Peer-Group Effects," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 88(1), pages 33-62, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Francisco Gallego & Andrés Hernando, 2009. "School Choice in Chile: Looking at the Demand Side," Documentos de Trabajo 356, Instituto de Economia. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile..
- Marcela Rom‡n & Marcela Perticar‡, 2012.
"Student mobility in low quality schools: Segmentation among the most vulnerable students,"
Estudios de Economia,
University of Chile, Department of Economics, vol. 39(2 Year 20), pages 159-177, December.
- Marcela Perticara & Marcela Roman, 2012. "Student mobility in low quality schools. Segmentation among the most vulnerable students," ILADES-Georgetown University Working Papers inv286, Ilades-Georgetown University, Universidad Alberto Hurtado/School of Economics and Bussines.
- Mauro Mediavilla & Adrián Zancajo, 2015. "Is there real freedom of school choice? An analysis from Chile," Working Papers 2015/36, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Giuseppe Bertola & Daniele Checchi, 2013.
"Who Chooses Which Private Education? Theory and International Evidence,"
CEIS, vol. 27(3), pages 249-271, September.
- Bertola, Giuseppe & Checchi, Daniele, 2013. "Who Chooses Which Private Education? Theory and International Evidence," CEPR Discussion Papers 9513, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Bertola, Giuseppe & Checchi, Daniele, 2013. "Who Chooses Which Private Education? Theory and International Evidence," IZA Discussion Papers 7444, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Juan Pablo Valenzuela & Gabriela Gómez V. & Carmen Sotomayor, 2012. "The role of reading engagement in a case of national achievement improvement: analysis of Chilean results in PISA 2001-2009," Working Papers wp367, University of Chile, Department of Economics.
- Valenzuela, Juan Pablo & Gómez Vera, Gabriela & Sotomayor, Carmen, 2015. "The role of reading engagement in improving national achievement: An analysis of Chile's 2000–2009 PISA results," International Journal of Educational Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 28-39.
- Patrinos, Harry A. & Sakellariou, Chris, 2011.
"Quality of Schooling, Returns to Schooling and the 1981 Vouchers Reform in Chile,"
Elsevier, vol. 39(12), pages 2245-2256.
- Patrinos, Harry Anthony, 2008. "Quality of schooling, returns to schooling and the 1981 vouchers reform in Chile," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4617, The World Bank.
- Gregory Elacqua & Mat’as Martinez & Humberto Santos & Daniela Urbina, 2012. "School closures in Chile: Access to quality alternatives in a school choice system," Estudios de Economia, University of Chile, Department of Economics, vol. 39(2 Year 20), pages 179-202, December.
- Santos, Humberto & Elacqua, Gregory, 2016. "Socioeconomic school segregation in Chile: parental choice and a theoretical counterfactual analysis," Revista CEPAL, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), August.
- Redondo S., Amaia & Muñoz H., Pablo, 2013. "Inequality and academic achievement in Chile," Revista CEPAL, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), April.
- Contreras, Dante & Elacqua, Gregory & Martinez, Matías & Miranda, Álvaro, 2016. "Bullying, identity and school performance: Evidence from Chile," International Journal of Educational Development, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 147-162.
More about this item
KeywordsScreening; Vouchers; School choice; Achievement; Stratification; Chile.;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:udc:wpaper:wp242. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mohit Karnani). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deuclcl.html .