Consumers’ Valuation of Academic and Equality-inducing Aspects of School Performance in England
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Sandra E. Black, 1999.
"Do Better Schools Matter? Parental Valuation of Elementary Education,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 114(2), pages 577-599.
- Sandra E. Black, 1997. "Do better schools matter? Parental valuation of elementary education," Research Paper 9729, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- David Brasington & Donald R. Haurin, 2006.
"Educational Outcomes and House Values: A Test of the value added Approach,"
Journal of Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(2), pages 245-268.
- David Brasington & D. Haurin, 2003. "Educational Outcomes and House Values: A Test of the Value-Added Approach," Departmental Working Papers 2003-05, Department of Economics, Louisiana State University.
- David Brasington & Don Haurin, 2005. "Educational Outcomes and House Values: A Test of the Value-Added Approach," Departmental Working Papers 2005-03, Department of Economics, Louisiana State University.
- Caroline M. Hoxby, 2000.
"Does Competition among Public Schools Benefit Students and Taxpayers?,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 90(5), pages 1209-1238, December.
- Caroline Minter Hoxby, 1994. "Does Competition Among Public Schools Benefit Students and Taxpayers?," NBER Working Papers 4979, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lorraine Dearden & Alfonso Miranda & Sophia Rabe‐Hesketh, 2011.
"Measuring School Value Added with Administrative Data: The Problem of Missing Variables,"
Institute for Fiscal Studies, pages 263-278.
- Lorraine Dearden & Alfonso Miranda & Sophia Rabe-Hesketh, 2011. "Measuring school value added with administrative data: the problem of missing variables," DoQSS Working Papers 11-05, Department of Quantitative Social Science - UCL Institute of Education, University College London.
- Clinch, J Peter & Murphy, Anthony, 2001.
"Modelling Winners and Losers in Contingent Valuation of Public Goods: Appropriate Welfare Measures and Econometric Analysis,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 111(470), pages 420-443, April.
- J. Peter Clinch & Anthony Murphy, 1998. "Modelling winners and losers in contingent valuation of public goods : appropriate welfare measures and econometric analysis," Working Papers 199812, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Paul Cheshire & Stephen Sheppard, 2004.
"Capitalising the Value of Free Schools: The Impact of Supply Characteristics and Uncertainty,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 114(499), pages 397-424, November.
- Cheshire, P. C. & Sheppard, Stephen Charles, 2004. "Capitalising the value of free schools : the impact of supply characteristics and uncertainty," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 567, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Paul Cheshire & Stephen Sheppard, 2004. "Capitalising the Value of Free Schools: The Impact of Supply Characteristics and Uncertainty," Department of Economics Working Papers 2004-17, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- Gibbons, Steve & Machin, Stephen, 2003. "Valuing English primary schools," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(2), pages 197-219, March.
- Stephen Gibbons & Stephen Machin, 2008. "Valuing school quality, better transport, and lower crime: evidence from house prices," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 24(1), pages 99-119, spring.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1974. "Hedonic Prices and Implicit Markets: Product Differentiation in Pure Competition," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(1), pages 34-55, Jan.-Feb..
More about this item
KeywordsConsumer Valuation; Education Equality; School Performance; Hedonic Analysis; Contextual Value Added;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-06-24 (All new papers)
- NEP-EDU-2013-06-24 (Education)
- NEP-URE-2013-06-24 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucy:cypeua:09-2013. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://www.ucy.ac.cy/econ/en .