Endogenous Monetary Policy: A Leviathan Central Bank in a Lagos-Wright Economy
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Fernando Martin, 2009.
"A Positive Theory of Government Debt,"
Review of Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 12(4), pages 608-631, October.
- Fernando M. Martin, 2004. "A Positive Theory of Government Debt," Macroeconomics 0408013, EconWPA, revised 14 Nov 2004.
- Fernando Martin, 2009. "Code and data files for "A Positive Theory of Government Debt"," Computer Codes 07-47, Review of Economic Dynamics.
- Vasco Cúrdia & Michael Woodford, 2010. "Conventional and unconventional monetary policy," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue May, pages 229-264.
- Cem Karayalçin, 2008. "Divided We Stand, United We Fall: The Hume-North-Jones Mechanism For The Rise Of Europe," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 49(3), pages 973-997, August.
- Berentsen, Aleksander, 2006. "On the private provision of fiat currency," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 50(7), pages 1683-1698, October.
- Fernando M. Martin, 2013. "Government Policy In Monetary Economies," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 54(1), pages 185-217, February.
- Aleksander Berentsen & Guillaume Rocheteau & Shouyong Shi, 2007.
"Friedman Meets Hosios: Efficiency in Search Models of Money,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 117(516), pages 174-195, January.
- Aleksander Berentsen & Guillaume Rocheteau & Shouyong Shi, "undated". "Friedman Meets Hosios: Efficiency in Search Models of Money," IEW - Working Papers 154, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Aleksander Berentsen & Guillaume Rocheteau & Shouyong Shi, 2002. "Friedman Meets Hosios: Efficiency in Search Models of Money," Working Papers shouyong-02-04, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Aleksander Berentsen & Guillaume Rocheteau & Shouyong Shi, 2004. "Friedman meets Hosios: efficiency in search models of money," Working Paper 0408, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Araujo, Luis & Camargo, Braz, 2008. "Endogenous supply of fiat money," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 142(1), pages 48-72, September.
- Shouyong Shi, 1997. "A Divisible Search Model of Fiat Money," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 65(1), pages 75-102, January.
- Chow, Gregory C., 1997. "Dynamic Economics: Optimization by the Lagrange Method," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195101928.
- Benjamin Lester & Andrew Postlewaite & Randall Wright, 2008. "Information, Liquidity and Asset Prices," PIER Working Paper Archive 08-039, Penn Institute for Economic Research, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania.
- Nosal, Ed & Rocheteau, Guillaume, 2011. "Money, Payments, and Liquidity," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262016281, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Parag Waknis, 2011. "Monetary Policy under Leviathan Currency Competition," Working papers 2011-21, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Parag, Waknis, 2012.
"Political economy of sub-national spending in India,"
36813, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Parag, Waknis, 2012. "Political economy of sub-national spending in India," MPRA Paper 52807, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Apr 2013.
More about this item
KeywordsEndogenous monetary policy; Leviathan; central bank; inflation tax; money search;
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
- E61 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Policy Objectives; Policy Designs and Consistency; Policy Coordination
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-11-01 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2011-11-01 (Central Banking)
- NEP-DGE-2011-11-01 (Dynamic General Equilibrium)
- NEP-MAC-2011-11-01 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2011-11-01 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uct:uconnp:2011-20. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark McConnel). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deuctus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.