Decomposing generalized transport costs using index numbers: A geographical analysis of economic and infrastructure fundamentals
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Edward Glaeser & Janet Kohlhase, 2003.
"Cities, regions and the decline of transport costs,"
Economics of Governance,
Springer, vol. 83(1), pages 197-228, October.
- Edward Glaeser & Janet Kohlhase, 2003. "Cities, regions and the decline of transport costs," Papers in Regional Science, Springer;Regional Science Association International, pages 197-228.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Janet E. Kohlhase, 2003. "Cities, Regions and the Decline of Transport Costs," NBER Working Papers 9886, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Janet E. Kohlhase, 2003. "Cities, Regions and the Decline of Transport Costs," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 2014, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Pierre-Philippe Combes & Miren Lafourcade, 2005.
"Transport costs: measures, determinants, and regional policy implications for France,"
Journal of Economic Geography,
Oxford University Press, vol. 5(3), pages 319-349, June.
- Miren Lafourcade & Pierre-Philippe Combes, 2005. "Transport Costs: Measures, Determinants and Regional Policy Implications for France," Post-Print halshs-00754078, HAL.
- Hummels, David & Lugovskyy, Volodymyr & Skiba, Alexandre, 2009.
"The trade reducing effects of market power in international shipping,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 89(1), pages 84-97, May.
- David Hummels & Volodymyr Lugovskyy & Alexandre Skiba, 2007. "The Trade Reducing Effects of Market Power in International Shipping," NBER Working Papers 12914, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gilles Duranton & Peter M. Morrow & Matthew A. Turner, 2014.
"Roads and Trade: Evidence from the US,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 81(2), pages 681-724.
- Duranton, Gilles & Morrow, Peter & Turner, Matthew A, 2013. "Roads and Trade: Evidence from the US," CEPR Discussion Papers 9393, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gilles Duranton & Peter Morrow & Matthew Turner, 2013. "Roads and Trade: Evidence from the U.S," Working Papers tecipa-479, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Ivaldi, Marc & McCullough, Gerard, 2007. "Railroad Pricing and Revenue-to-Cost Margins in the Post-Staggers Era," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 153-178, January.
- Hillberry, Russell & Hummels, David, 2008.
"Trade responses to geographic frictions: A decomposition using micro-data,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 527-550, April.
- Russell Hillberry & David Hummels, 2005. "Trade Responses to Geographic Frictions: A Decomposition Using Micro-Data," NBER Working Papers 11339, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- J.A. Duro, 2004. "Regional Income Inequalities in Europe: An Updated Measurement and Some Decomposition Results," Working Papers wpdea0411, Department of Applied Economics at Universitat Autonoma of Barcelona.
- Fisher,Franklin M. & Shell,Karl, 1998. "Economic Analysis of Production Price Indexes," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521556231, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Zofío, Jose L. & Condeço-Melhorado, Ana M. & Maroto-Sánchez, Andrés & Gutiérrez, Javier, 2014. "Generalized transport costs and index numbers: A geographical analysis of economic and infrastructure fundamentals," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 141-157.
More about this item
KeywordsGeneralized transport costs; Index number theory; Infrastructure; GIS; Territorial cohesion.;
- C43 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Index Numbers and Aggregation
- H54 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Infrastructures
- L92 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Railroads and Other Surface Transportation
- R58 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Regional Development Planning and Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uam:wpaper:201106. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Andrés Maroto-Sánchez). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dauames.html .