Housing and Labor Market Vacancies and Beveridge Curves: Theoretical Framework and Illustrative Statistics
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Christopher A. Pissarides, 2000. "Equilibrium Unemployment Theory, 2nd Edition," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262161877, November.
- Arnott, Richard, 1989.
"Housing Vacancies, Thin Markets, and Idiosyncratic Tastes,"
The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics,
Springer, vol. 2(1), pages 5-30, February.
- Richard Arnott, 1988. "Housing Vacancies, Thin Markets, and Idiosyncratic Tastes," Working Papers 722, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Allen Head & Huw Lloyd-Ellis, 2012.
"Housing Liquidity, Mobility, and the Labour Market,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 79(4), pages 1559-1589.
- Allen Head & Huw Lloyd-Ellis, 2011. "Housing Liquidity, Mobility, and the Labour Market," Working Papers 1197, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Antonia Díaz & Belén Jerez, 2013.
"House Prices, Sales, And Time On The Market: A Search‐Theoretic Framework,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 54, pages 837-872, August.
- Belen Jerez & Antonia Diaz, 2009. "House Prices, Sales and Time on the Market: A Search-Theoretic Framework," 2009 Meeting Papers 1006, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Jerez, Belén & Díaz, Antonia, 2010. "House prices, sales, and time on the market : a search-theoretic framework," UC3M Working papers. Economics we1033, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Brian Peterson, 2009. "The Beveridge Curve in the Housing Market: Supply and Disequilibrium," Caepr Working Papers 2009-009, Center for Applied Economics and Policy Research, Economics Department, Indiana University Bloomington.
- Wheaton, William C, 1990. "Vacancy, Search, and Prices in a Housing Market Matching Model," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(6), pages 1270-1292, December.
- Victor Ortego-Marti & Miroslav Gabrovski, 2018. "Housing Market Dynamics with Search Frictions," Working Papers 201804, University of California at Riverside, Department of Economics.
- Rupert, Peter & Wasmer, Etienne, 2012.
"Housing and the labor market: Time to move and aggregate unemployment,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 59(1), pages 24-36.
- Peter Rupert & Etienne Wasmer, 2009. "Housing and the Labor Market: Time to Move and Aggregate Unemployment," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/5l6uh8ogmqi, Sciences Po.
- Peter Rupert & Etienne Wasmer, 2009. "Housing and the Labor Market: Time to Move and Aggregate Unemployment," Working Papers hal-00972979, HAL.
- Rupert, Peter & Wasmer, Etienne, 2009. "Housing and the Labor Market: Time to Move and Aggregate Unemployment," University of California at Santa Barbara, Economics Working Paper Series qt1bv529kn, Department of Economics, UC Santa Barbara.
- Rupert, Peter & Wasmer, Etienne, 2009. "Housing and the Labor Market: Time to Move and Aggregate Unemployment," IZA Discussion Papers 4172, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Moen, Espen R, 1997. "Competitive Search Equilibrium," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 105(2), pages 385-411, April.
- James M. Poterba, 1984. "Tax Subsidies to Owner-Occupied Housing: An Asset-Market Approach," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 99(4), pages 729-752.
- Ioannides, Yannis M., 1975. "Market allocation through search: Equilibrium adjustment and price dispersion," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 247-262, October.
- Christopher A. Pissarides, 2011.
"Equilibrium in the Labor Market with Search Frictions,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 101(4), pages 1092-1105, June.
- Pissarides, Christopher A., 2010. "Equilibrium in the Labour Market with Search Frictions," Nobel Prize in Economics documents 2010-9, Nobel Prize Committee.
- Beugnot, Julie & Lacroix, Guy & Charlot, Olivier, 2014. "Homeownership and Labour Market Outcomes: Micro versus Macro Performances," IZA Discussion Papers 8599, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Coulson, N. Edward & Fisher, Lynn M., 2009. "Housing tenure and labor market impacts: The search goes on," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(3), pages 252-264, May.
- Pissarides, Christopher A, 1985. "Short-run Equilibrium Dynamics of Unemployment Vacancies, and Real Wages," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(4), pages 676-690, September.
- Henderson, J Vernon & Ionnides, Yannis M, 1986. "Tenure Choice and the Demand for Housing," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 53(210), pages 231-246, May.
- repec:mtp:titles:0262036452 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsHousing Vacancies; Job Openings; Beveridge Curves; Housing and labor markets.;
- R23 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Regional Migration; Regional Labor Markets; Population
- J64 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Unemployment: Models, Duration, Incidence, and Job Search
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2018-07-16 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tuf:tuftec:0828. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marcus Weir). General contact details of provider: http://ase.tufts.edu/economics .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.