Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Anne Layne-Farrar & Gerard Llobet & Jorge Padilla, 2014.
"Payments and Participation: The Incentives to Join Cooperative Standard Setting Efforts,"
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 23(1), pages 24-49, March.
- Anne Layne-Farrar & Gerard Llobet, 2012. "Payments and Participation: The Incentives to Join Cooperative Standard Setting Efforts," Working Papers wp2012_1203, CEMFI.
- Josh Lerner & Marcin Strojwas & Jean Tirole, 2007.
"The design of patent pools: the determinants of licensing rules,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
RAND Corporation, vol. 38(3), pages 610-625, September.
- Lerner, Josh & Strojwas, Marcin & Tirole, Jean, 2005. "The Design of Patent Pools: The Determinants of Licensing Rules," IDEI Working Papers 187, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Jonathan Levin & Steven Tadelis, 2005.
"Profit Sharing and the Role of Professional Partnerships,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 120(1), pages 131-171.
- Steven Tadelis & Jonathan Levin, 2004. "Profit Sharing and the Role of Professional Partnerships," 2004 Meeting Papers 156, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Timothy Simcoe, 2012. "Standard Setting Committees: Consensus Governance for Shared Technology Platforms," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 102(1), pages 305-336, February.
- Shapiro, Carl, 2003.
" Antitrust Limits to Patent Settlements,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 34(2), pages 391-411, Summer.
- Shapiro, Carl, 2001. "Antitrust Limits to Patent Settlements," Competition Policy Center, Working Paper Series qt87s5j911, Competition Policy Center, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Carl Shapiro, 2003. "Antitrust Limits to Patent Settlements," Law and Economics 0303004, EconWPA.
- Rey, Patrick & Tirole, Jean, 2013. "Price Caps as Welfare-Enhancing Coopetition," TSE Working Papers 13-439, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE), revised Jan 2018.
- Benjamin Chiao & Josh Lerner & Jean Tirole, 2007.
"The rules of standard-setting organizations: an empirical analysis,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
RAND Corporation, vol. 38(4), pages 905-930, December.
- Benjamin Chiao & Josh Lerner & Jean Tirole, 2005. "The Rules of Standard Setting Organizations: An Empirical Analysis," NBER Working Papers 11156, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chiao, Benjamin & Lerner, Josh & Tirole, Jean, 2007. "The Rules of Standard Setting Organizations: An Empirical Analysis," CEPR Discussion Papers 6141, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Chiao, Benjamin & Lerner, Josh & Tirole, Jean, 2006. "The Rules of Standard Setting Organizations: an Empirical Analysis," IDEI Working Papers 388, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Rey, Patrick & Tirole, Jean, 2013. "Cooperation vs. Collusion: How Essentiality Shapes Co-opetition," IDEI Working Papers 801, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Layne-Farrar, Anne & Llobet, Gerard, 2014. "Moving beyond simple examples: Assessing the incremental value rule within standards," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 57-69.
- Gastón Llanes & Joaquín Poblete, 2014. "Ex Ante Agreements in Standard Setting and Patent-Pool Formation," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 23(1), pages 50-67, March.
- Marc Rysman & Timothy Simcoe, 2008.
"Patents and the Performance of Voluntary Standard-Setting Organizations,"
INFORMS, vol. 54(11), pages 1920-1934, November.
- Marc Rysman & Tim Simcoe, 2005. "Patents and the Performance of Voluntary Standard Setting Organizations," Working Papers 05-22, NET Institute, revised Oct 2005.
- Rysman, Marc & Simcoe, Tim, 2009. "Patents and the Performance of Voluntary Standard Setting Organizations," PIE/CIS Discussion Paper 418, Center for Intergenerational Studies, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Gilbert, Richard J., 2011. "Deal or No Deal? Licensing Negotiations in Standard-Setting Organizations," Competition Policy Center, Working Paper Series qt6kv798tf, Competition Policy Center, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Guesnerie, Roger & Laffont, Jean-Jacques, 1984. "A complete solution to a class of principal-agent problems with an application to the control of a self-managed firm," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 329-369, December.
- Nancy Gallini, 2011.
"Private agreements for coordinating patent rights: the case of patent pools,"
ECONOMIA E POLITICA INDUSTRIALE,
FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2011(3), pages 5-30.
- Gallini, Nancy, 2010. "Private Agreements for Coordinating Patent Rights: The Case of Patent Pools," Economics working papers nancy_gallini-2010-34, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 17 Nov 2010.
- Gallini, Nancy, 2011. "Private Agreements for Coordinating Patent Rights: The Case of Patent Pools," IEL Working Papers 5, Institute of Public Policy and Public Choice - POLIS.
- Nagaoka, Sadao & Shimbo, Tomoyuki & Tsukada, Naotoshi, 2006. "The structure and the evolution of essential patents for standards: Lessons from three IT standards," IIR Working Paper 06-08, Institute of Innovation Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Steffen Brenner, 2009. "Optimal formation rules for patent pools," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 40(3), pages 373-388, September.
- Maskin, Eric & Tirole, Jean, 2001.
"Markov Perfect Equilibrium: I. Observable Actions,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 100(2), pages 191-219, October.
- Eric Maskin & Jean Tirole, 1997. "Markov Perfect Equilibrium, I: Observable Actions," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1799, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hoisl, Karin & Stelzer, Tobias & Biala, Stefanie, 2015. "Forecasting technological discontinuities in the ICT industry," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 522-532.
- Chryssoula Pentheroudakis & Justus A. Baron, 2016. "Licensing Terms of Standard Essential Patents: A Comprehensive Analysis of Cases," JRC Working Papers JRC104068, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
- Stefano Comino & Fabio M. Manenti & NIkolaus Thumm, 2017. "The Role of Patents in Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs). A survey of the Literature," "Marco Fanno" Working Papers 0212, Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche "Marco Fanno".
- Etro, Federico, 2016. "Research in economics and industrial organization," Research in Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(4), pages 511-517.
- Alexandrov, Alexei & Pittman, Russell & Ukhaneva, Olga, 2017. "Royalty stacking in the U.S. freight railroads: Cournot vs. Coase," MPRA Paper 78249, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Larouche, Pierre & Schütt, Florian, 2016. "Repeated Interaction in Standard Setting," Discussion Paper 2016-010, Tilburg University, Tilburg Law and Economic Center.
- Stefano Comino & Fabio Maria Manenti, 2015. "Intellectual Property and Innovation in Information and Communication Technology (ICT)," JRC Working Papers JRC97541, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
- Committee, Nobel Prize, 2014. "Market power and regulation (scientific background)," Nobel Prize in Economics documents 2014-2, Nobel Prize Committee.
- Baron, Justus & Pohlmann, Tim & Blind, Knut, 2016. "Essential patents and standard dynamics," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(9), pages 1762-1773.
- Gallini, Nancy, 2014. "Cooperating with competitors: Patent pooling and choice of a new standard," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 4-21.
- Kang, Byeongwoo & Bekkers, Rudi, 2015. "Just-in-time patents and the development of standards," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(10), pages 1948-1961.
- Spulber, Daniel F., 2016. "Patent licensing and bargaining with innovative complements and substitutes," Research in Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(4), pages 693-713.
More about this item
KeywordsStandards; licensing commitments; standard-essential patents; royalty stacking; FRAND; hold ups and reverse hold ups;
- D43 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Oligopoly and Other Forms of Market Imperfection
- L24 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Contracting Out; Joint Ventures
- L41 - Industrial Organization - - Antitrust Issues and Policies - - - Monopolization; Horizontal Anticompetitive Practices
- O34 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Intellectual Property and Intellectual Capital
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tse:wpaper:27714. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/tsetofr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.