Clearinghouse Loan Certificates as a Lender of Last Resort
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Peristiani, Stavros, 1994.
"An empirical investigation of the determinants of discount window borrowing: a disaggregate analysis,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 183-197, January.
- Stavros Peristiani, 1991. "An empirical investigation of the determinants of discount window borrowing: a disaggregate analysis," Research Paper 9114, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Tetsuji Okazaki, 2006. "Micro-aspects of Monetary Policy in Pre-war Japan: Lender of Last Resort and Selection of Banks," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-398, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Jacobson, Margaret M. & Tallman, Ellis W., 2015.
"Liquidity provision during the crisis of 1914: Private and public sources,"
Journal of Financial Stability,
Elsevier, pages 22-34.
- Margaret M. Jacobson & Ellis W. Tallman, 2013. "Liquidity provision during the crisis of 1914: private and public sources," Working Paper 1304, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, revised 01 Oct 2014.
- Christopher Hoag, 2012. "Aldrich-Vreeland Emergency Currency as a Lender of Last Resort," Journal of Economic Insight (formerly the Journal of Economics (MVEA)), Missouri Valley Economic Association, pages 73-88.
- Hoag, Christopher, 2005. "Deposit drains on "interest-paying" banks before financial crises," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 42(4), pages 567-585, October.
- Hanes, Christopher & Rhode, Paul W., 2013.
"Harvests and Financial Crises in Gold Standard America,"
The Journal of Economic History,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 73(01), pages 201-246, March.
- Christopher Hanes & Paul W. Rhode, 2012. "Harvests and Financial Crises in Gold-Standard America," NBER Working Papers 18616, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tallman, Ellis W. & Moen, Jon R., 2012.
"Liquidity creation without a central bank: Clearing house loan certificates in the banking panic of 1907,"
Journal of Financial Stability,
Elsevier, pages 277-291.
- Ellis W. Tallman & Jon R. Moen, 2007. "Liquidity creation without a lender of last resort: clearinghouse loan certificates in the Banking Panic of 1907," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 2006-23, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Ellis W. Tallman & Jon R. Moen, 2010. "Liquidity creation without a lender of last resort: clearing house loan certificates in the Banking Panic of 1907," Working Paper 1010, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Gorton, Gary, 1985. "Clearinghouses and the Origin of Central Banking in the United States," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 45(02), pages 277-283, June.
- Okazaki, Tetsuji, 2007. "Micro-aspects of monetary policy: Lender of Last Resort and selection of banks in pre-war Japan," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 44(4), pages 657-679, October.
- Stavros Peristiani, 1998. "The Growing Reluctance To Borrow At The Discount Window: An Empirical Investigation," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 80(4), pages 611-620, November.
- Timberlake, Richard H, Jr, 1984. "The Central Banking Role of Clearinghouse Associations," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 16(1), pages 1-15, February.
- Butkiewicz James L., 1995. "The Impact of a Lender of Last Resort during the Great Depression: The Case of the Reconstruction Finance Corporation," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 197-216, April.
- Gorton, Gary & Mullineaux, Donald J, 1987. "The Joint Production of Confidence: Endogenous Regulation and Nineteenth Century Commercial-Bank Clearinghouses," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 19(4), pages 457-468, November.
- Joseph Mason, 2001. "Do Lender of Last Resort Policies Matter? The Effects of Reconstruction Finance Corporation Assistance to Banks During the Great Depression," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 20(1), pages 77-95, September.
- Jon R. Moen & Ellis W. Tallman, 2013. "Close but not a central bank: The New York Clearing House and issues of clearing house loan certificates," Working Paper 1308, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Wicker,Elmus, 2000. "Banking Panics of the Gilded Age," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521770231, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Christopher Hoag, 2015. "Clearinghouse Loan Certificates as Interbank Loans," Working Papers 1504, Trinity College, Department of Economics, revised Jun 2015.
More about this item
Keywordsbank; lender of last resort; clearinghouse; loan certificates;
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- N21 - Economic History - - Financial Markets and Institutions - - - U.S.; Canada: Pre-1913
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2015-05-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2015-05-09 (Banking)
- NEP-CBA-2015-05-09 (Central Banking)
- NEP-CFN-2015-05-09 (Corporate Finance)
- NEP-HIS-2015-05-09 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-MAC-2015-05-09 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2015-05-09 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tri:wpaper:1503. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joshua Stillwagon). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/edtrius.html .