Using Multimedia to Teach Economics
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- William E. Becker & Michael Watts, 2001. "Teaching Economics at the Start of the 21st Century: Still Chalk-and-Talk," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(2), pages 446-451, May.
- G. Dirk Mateer & Herman Li, 2008. "Movie Scenes for Economics," The Journal of Economic Education, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(3), pages 303-303, July.
- W. Lee Hansen & Michael K. Salemi & John J. Siegfried, 2002. "Use It or Lose It: Teaching Literacy in the Economics Principles Course," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(2), pages 463-472, May.
- Robert Lawson & Joshua Hall & G. Dirk Mateer, 2008. "From Abba to Zeppelin, Led: Using Music to Teach Economics," The Journal of Economic Education, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(1), pages 107-107, January.
- Robert A. Lawson, 2006. "Teaching Economic Principles With Comic Strips," Journal of Private Enterprise, The Association of Private Enterprise Education, vol. 22(Fall 2006), pages 168-176.
- Becker, William E & Watts, Michael, 1996. "Chalk and Talk: A National Survey on Teaching Undergraduate Economics," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(2), pages 448-453, May.
- William E. Becker, 2004. "Economics for a Higher Education," International Review of Economic Education, Economics Network, University of Bristol, vol. 3(1), pages 52-62.
- Joshua C. Hall & Robert A. Lawson & J. Dirk Mateer & Andrew Rice, 2008. "Teaching Private Enterprise Through Tunes: An Abecedarium of Music for Economists," Journal of Private Enterprise, The Association of Private Enterprise Education, vol. 23(Spring 20), pages 157-166.
- Joshua Hall, 2005. "Homer Economicus : Using The Simpsons to Teach Economics," Journal of Private Enterprise, The Association of Private Enterprise Education, vol. 20(Spring 20), pages 166-177.
More about this item
Keywordseconomic education; multimedia; student engagement; everyday economics; pedagogy;
- A22 - General Economics and Teaching - - Economic Education and Teaching of Economics - - - Undergraduate
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:trb:wpaper:2011.02. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Stephen Scoglio). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sblatau.html .