Gender Impact on Women Entrepreneurs: A Cultural Analysis
Despite many approaches undertaken by researchers to examine women entrepreneurs, gender issues and the effects of the caste system lie on assumptions that have not been empirically validated. This paper compares male and female entrepreneurs by moving beyond the more general studies that have dominated this field; it attempts to link these cultural issues such as gender and the caste system to a more rigorous theoretical framework.
|Date of creation:||2000|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.latrobe.edu.au/economics|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Davidsson, Per & Wiklund, Johan, 1997. "Values, beliefs and regional variations in new firm formation rates," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 18(2-3), pages 179-199, April.
- Hawkins, Del I., 1993. "New business entrepreneurship in the Japanese economy," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 137-150, March.
- Sexton, Donald L. & Bowman-Upton, Nancy, 1990. "Female and male entrepreneurs: Psychological characteristics and their role in gender-related discrimination," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 29-36, January.
- Kumar, Gopalakrishna, 1989. "Gender, Differential Mortality and Development: The Experience of Kerala," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 13(4), pages 517-39, December.
- Davidsson, Per, 1991. "Continued entrepreneurship: Ability, need, and opportunity as determinants of small firm growth," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 6(6), pages 405-429, November.
- Takyi-Asiedu, Stephen, 1993. "Some socio-cultural factors retarding entrepreneurial activity in sub-Saharan Africa," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 91-98, March.
- Gartner, William B., 1990. "What are we talking about when we talk about entrepreneurship?," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 15-28, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:trb:wpaper:2000.09. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Stephen Scoglio)The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Stephen Scoglio to update the entry or send us the correct address
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.