Testing the Number of Components in Finite Mixture Models
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Kasahara Hiroyuki & Shimotsu Katsumi, 2012. "Testing the Number of Components in Finite Mixture Models," Global COE Hi-Stat Discussion Paper Series gd12-259, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
References listed on IDEAS
- Stephen V. Cameron & James J. Heckman, 1998. "Life Cycle Schooling and Dynamic Selection Bias: Models and Evidence for Five Cohorts of American Males," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 106(2), pages 262-333, April.
- Heckman, James & Singer, Burton, 1984. "A Method for Minimizing the Impact of Distributional Assumptions in Econometric Models for Duration Data," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(2), pages 271-320, March.
- Jiahua Chen & Pengfei Li & Yuejiao Fu, 2012. "Inference on the Order of a Normal Mixture," Journal of the American Statistical Association, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 107(499), pages 1096-1105, September.
- Deb, Partha & Trivedi, Pravin K., 2002. "The structure of demand for health care: latent class versus two-part models," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 601-625, July.
- Jin Seo Cho & Halbert White, 2007. "Testing for Regime Switching," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 75(6), pages 1671-1720, November.
- P. Li & J. Chen & P. Marriott, 2009. "Non-finite Fisher information and homogeneity: an EM approach," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 96(2), pages 411-426.
- Li, Pengfei & Chen, Jiahua, 2010. "Testing the Order of a Finite Mixture," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 105(491), pages 1084-1092.
- Hong-Tu Zhu & Heping Zhang, 2004. "Hypothesis testing in mixture regression models," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 66(1), pages 3-16.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tky:fseres:2012cf867. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CIRJE administrative office). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ritokjp.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.