Effort invested in vain : The impact of effort on the intensity of disappointment and regret
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- anonymous, 1986. "Proposed changes to official staff commentary," Federal Reserve Bulletin, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), issue Feb, pages 134-134.
- van Dijk, W.W. & Zeelenberg, M. & van der Pligt, J., 1999. "Not having what you want versus having what you don't want : The impact of the type of negative outcome on the experience of disappointment and related emotions," Other publications TiSEM 5d1661b1-db82-4773-8ac4-5, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Loomes, Graham & Sugden, Robert, 1982. "Regret Theory: An Alternative Theory of Rational Choice under Uncertainty," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 92(368), pages 805-824, December.
- Zeelenberg, M. & van Dijk, W.W. & Manstead, A.S.R., 1998. "The experience of regret and disappointment," Other publications TiSEM 57c0c58e-e9a1-49f0-a024-d, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Kahneman, Daniel & Tversky, Amos, 1979.
"Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk,"
Econometric Society, vol. 47(2), pages 263-291, March.
- Amos Tversky & Daniel Kahneman, 1979. "Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk," Levine's Working Paper Archive 7656, David K. Levine.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Giorgetta, Cinzia & Zeelenberg, Marcel & Ferlazzo, Fabio & D’Olimpio, Francesca, 2012. "Cultural variation in the role of responsibility in regret and disappointment: The Italian case," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 726-737.
- David Gill & Victoria Prowse, 2012.
"A Structural Analysis of Disappointment Aversion in a Real Effort Competition,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 102(1), pages 469-503, February.
- Gill, David & Prowse, Victoria L., 2009. "A Structural Analysis of Disappointment Aversion in a Real Effort Competition," IZA Discussion Papers 4536, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Gill, David & Prowse, Victoria Liza, 2010. "A structural analysis of disappointment aversion in a real effort competition," Discussion Paper Series In Economics And Econometrics 1006, Economics Division, School of Social Sciences, University of Southampton.
- Victoria Prowse & David Gill, 2009. "A Structural Analysis of Disappointment Aversion in a Real Effort Competition," Economics Series Working Papers 448, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- David Gill & Victoria Prowse, 2011. "A Structural Analysis of Disappointment Aversion in a Real Effort Competition," Discussion Papers 2011001, University of Oxford, Nuffield College.
- David Moore, 2013. "Interrupted anticipation after a service failure: The role of olfactory sensation on expected pleasure, taste enjoyment, consumption, and repatronage intentions," Marketing Letters, Springer, vol. 24(4), pages 399-408, December.
- van Dijk, Wilco W. & Zeelenberg, Marcel & van der Pligt, Joop, 2003. "Blessed are those who expect nothing: Lowering expectations as a way of avoiding disappointment," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 505-516, August.
- Wen-Hsien Huang & Marcel Zeelenberg, 2012. "Investor regret: The role of expectation in comparing what is to what might have been," Judgment and Decision Making, Society for Judgment and Decision Making, vol. 7(4), pages 441-451, July.
- Francesco Marcatto & Donatella Ferrante, 2008. "The Regret/Disappointment Scale: An instrument for assessing regret and disappointment in decision making," Judgment and Decision Making, Society for Judgment and Decision Making, vol. 3, pages 87-99, January.
- Heather Honea & Sharon Horsky, 2012. "The power of plain: Intensifying product experience with neutral aesthetic context," Marketing Letters, Springer, vol. 23(1), pages 223-235, March.
- Jérémy CELSE, 2011. "Damaging the perfect image of athletes: How sport promotes envy," Working Papers 11-16, LAMETA, Universitiy of Montpellier, revised Jun 2011.
- Zeelenberg, M. & van Dijk, E. & van den Bos, K. & Pieters, R., 2002. "The inaction effect in the psychology of regret," Other publications TiSEM a29106c0-2319-4f60-b213-8, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tiu:tiutis:4746cce1-ce4d-4fea-b3c4-05fe7f806e66. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Richard Broekman). General contact details of provider: https://www.tilburguniversity.edu/about/schools/economics-and-management/ .