Country-Specific Goal-Scoring in the “Dying Seconds” of International Football Matches
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Jan C. van Ours & Martin A. van Tuijl, 2011. "Country-Specific Goal-Scoring in the ‘Dying Seconds’ of International Football Matches," International Journal of Sport Finance, Fitness Information Technology, vol. 6(2), pages 138-154, May.
- van Ours, Jan C. & van Tuijl, Martin A., 2010. "Country-Specific Goal-Scoring in the "Dying Seconds" of International Football Matches," IZA Discussion Papers 4970, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
References listed on IDEAS
- Boscá, José E. & Liern, Vicente & Martínez, Aurelio & Sala, Ramøn, 2009. "Increasing offensive or defensive efficiency? An analysis of Italian and Spanish football," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 63-78, February.
- Stefan Szymanski, 2003. "The Assessment: The Economics of Sport," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(4), pages 467-477, Winter.
- Van Calster Ben & Smits Tim & Van Huffel Sabine, 2008. "The Curse of Scoreless Draws in Soccer: The Relationship with a Team's Offensive, Defensive, and Overall Performance," Journal of Quantitative Analysis in Sports, De Gruyter, vol. 4(1), pages 1-24, January.
- Peter Macmillan & Ian Smith, 2007. "Explaining International Soccer Rankings," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 8(2), pages 202-213, May.
- Robert Houston & Dennis Wilson, 2002. "Income, leisure and proficiency: an economic study of football performance," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(14), pages 939-943.
- Lawrence M. Kahn, 2000. "The Sports Business as a Labor Market Laboratory," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 14(3), pages 75-94, Summer.
- repec:ags:jaecon:44292 is not listed on IDEAS
- Robert Hoffmann & Lee Chew Ging & Bala Ramasamy, 2002. "The Socio-Economic Determinants of International Soccer Performance," Journal of Applied Economics, Universidad del CEMA, vol. 5, pages 253-272, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cerveny, Jakub & van Ours, Jan C. & van Tuijl, Martin A., 2016.
"Effects of a Red Card on Goal-Scoring in World Cup Football Matches,"
IZA Discussion Papers
10174, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Cervený, Jakub & van Ours, Jan & van Tuijl, Martin, 2016. "Effects of a Red Card on Goal-Scoring in World Cup Football Matches," Discussion Paper 2016-031, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Colin Green & Fernando Lozano & Rob Simmons, 2015.
"Rank-Order Tournaments, Probability of Winning and Investing in Talent: Evidence from Champions' League Qualifying Rules,"
National Institute Economic Review,
National Institute of Economic and Social Research, vol. 232(1), pages 30-40, May.
- Green, Colin P. & Lozano, Fernando A. & Simmons, Rob, 2015. "Rank-Order Tournaments, Probability of Winning and Investing in Talent: Evidence from Champions League Qualifying Rules," IZA Discussion Papers 8950, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- repec:spr:empeco:v:55:y:2018:i:2:d:10.1007_s00181-017-1287-5 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordsfootball; goal-scoring; national team matches; full `A' international matches;
- J44 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Particular Labor Markets - - - Professional Labor Markets and Occupations
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tiu:tiucen:33c1d9d6-0d48-4d37-b77d-fbe378cd51ca. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Richard Broekman). General contact details of provider: http://center.uvt.nl .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.