Explaining International Soccer Rankings
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Roberto Gásquez & Vicente Royuela, 2014.
"Is Football an Indicator of Development at the International Level?,"
Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement,
Springer, vol. 117(3), pages 827-848, July.
- Robert Gasquez & Vicente Royuela, 2012. "Is football an indicator of development at the international level?," Working Papers in Economics 275, Universitat de Barcelona. Espai de Recerca en Economia.
- Egon Franck & Stephan Nüesch, 2007.
"The Role of Patriotism in Explaining TV Audience of National Team Games - Evidence from Four International Tournaments,"
0014, University of Zurich, Center for Research in Sports Administration (CRSA).
- Egon Franck & Stephan Nüesch, 2007. "The Role of Patriotism in Explaining TV Audience of National Team Games - Evidence from Four International Tournaments," Working Papers 0065, University of Zurich, Institute for Strategy and Business Economics (ISU).
- Jan C. van Ours & Martin A. van Tuijl, 2011.
"Country-Specific Goal-Scoring in the ‘Dying Seconds’ of International Football Matches,"
International Journal of Sport Finance,
Fitness Information Technology, vol. 6(2), pages 138-154, May.
- van Ours, Jan C. & van Tuijl, Martin A., 2010. "Country-Specific Goal-Scoring in the "Dying Seconds" of International Football Matches," IZA Discussion Papers 4970, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- van Ours, J.C. & van Tuijl, M.A., 2010. "Country-Specific Goal-Scoring in the “Dying Seconds” of International Football Matches," Discussion Paper 2010-54, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Henseke, Golo, 2009. "Country performance at the International Mathematical Olympiad," Thuenen-Series of Applied Economic Theory 108, University of Rostock, Institute of Economics.
- Berlinschi, Ruxanda & Schokkaert, Jeroen & Swinnen, Johan, 2013.
"When drains and gains coincide: Migration and international football performance,"
Elsevier, vol. 21(C), pages 1-14.
- Ruxanda Berlinschi & Jeroen Schokkaert & Johan F.M. Swinnen, 2010. "When Drains and Gains Coincide: Migration and International Football Performance," LICOS Discussion Papers 26510, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Wladimir Andreff & Madeleine Andreff, 2015. "Economic prediction of sport performances from the Beijing Olympics to the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa: the notion of surprising sporting outcomes," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-01244495, HAL.
- van Ours, Jan C & Van Tuijl, Martin, 2010. "Country-specific goal-scoring in the "dying-seconds" of international football matches," CEPR Discussion Papers 7873, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- McHale, Ian & Morton, Alex, 2011. "A Bradley-Terry type model for forecasting tennis match results," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 619-630.
- repec:nea:journl:y:2018:i:37:p:34-60 is not listed on IDEAS
- Plácido Rodríguez & Stefan Késenne & Ruud Koning (ed.), 2015. "The Economics of Competitive Sports," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 15770.
- Roberto Gásquez & Vicente Royuela, 2016. "The Determinants of International Football Success: A Panel Data Analysis of the Elo Rating," Social Science Quarterly, Southwestern Social Science Association, vol. 97(2), pages 125-141, June.
- Rockerbie, Duane, 2014. "Canada at the Crossroads: Improving International Performance by Establishing a New Canadian Soccer League," MPRA Paper 60375, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Danilov, Vyacheslav (Данилов, Вячеслав), 2016. "«…At the end they always win»: Econometric approaches to the prediction of the results of performance of national football teams at major international tournaments
["А Побеждают Всегда..."," Economic Policy, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration, vol. 3, pages 56-68, June.
- Ray Bachan & Barry Reilly & Robert Witt, 2014. "Team performance and race: evidence from the English and French national soccer teams," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(13), pages 1535-1546, May.
- repec:zbw:rwirep:0501 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:ris:apltrx:0327 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordsinternational football rankings; history;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sae:jospec:v:8:y:2007:i:2:p:202-213. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.