Linear Quadratic Optimization for Models with Rational Expectations
In this paper we present a method for using rational expectations in a linear-quadratic optimizationframework. Following the approach put forward by Sims, we solve the model through a QZdecomposition, which is generally easier to implement than the more widely used method of Blanchardand Kahn.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
|Date of creation:||Jul 1997|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +1 (512) 471-3211
Fax: +1 (512) 471-3510
Web page: http://www.utexas.edu/cola/depts/economics/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fisher, P. G. & Holly, S. & Hughes Hallett, A. J., 1986. "Efficient solution techniques for dynamic non-linear rational expectations models," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 10(1-2), pages 139-145, June.
- Fair, Ray C & Taylor, John B, 1983.
"Solution and Maximum Likelihood Estimation of Dynamic Nonlinear Rational Expectations Models,"
Econometric Society, vol. 51(4), pages 1169-85, July.
- Ray C. Fair & John B. Taylor, 1980. "Solution and Maximum Likelihood Estimation of Dynamic Nonlinear Rational Expectations Models," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 564, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Ray C. Fair & John B. Taylor, 1980. "Solution and Maximum Likelihood Estimation of Dynamic Nonlinear RationalExpectations Models," NBER Technical Working Papers 0005, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Amman, Hans M., 1990. "Implementing stochastic control software on supercomputing machines," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 265-279, May.
- Hans M. Amman & David A. Kendrick, . "Computational Economics," Online economics textbooks, SUNY-Oswego, Department of Economics, number comp1, March.
- Anderson, Gary & Moore, George, 1985. "A linear algebraic procedure for solving linear perfect foresight models," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 247-252.
- Hans M. Amman & David A. Kendrick, 1997.
"Computing the Steady State of Linear Quadratic Optimization Models with Rational Expectations,"
CARE Working Papers
9707, The University of Texas at Austin, Center for Applied Research in Economics.
- Amman, Hans M. & Kendrick, David A., 1998. "Computing the steady state of linear quadratic optimization models with rational expectations," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 58(2), pages 185-191, February.
- Amman, Hans M. & Kendrick, David A. & Achath, Sudhakar, 1995. "Solving stochastic optimization models with learning and rational expectations," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 9-13, April.
- Amman, Hans M. & Neudecker, Heinz, 1997. "Numerical solutions of the algebraic matrix Riccati equation," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 21(2-3), pages 363-369.
- Kydland, Finn E & Prescott, Edward C, 1977. "Rules Rather Than Discretion: The Inconsistency of Optimal Plans," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(3), pages 473-91, June.
- Blanchard, Olivier Jean & Kahn, Charles M, 1980. "The Solution of Linear Difference Models under Rational Expectations," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(5), pages 1305-11, July.
- Hans M. Amman & David A. Kendrick, 1996. "The DUALI/DUALPC Software for Optimal Control Models: Introduction," CARE Working Papers 9602, The University of Texas at Austin, Center for Applied Research in Economics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tex:carewp:9708. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Caroline Thomas)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.