The Environmental Impacts of Fuel Switching Power Plants
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Di Maria, Corrado & Lange, Ian & van der Werf, Edwin, 2014.
"Should we be worried about the green paradox? Announcement effects of the Acid Rain Program,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 143-162.
- Corrado Di Maria & Ian Lange & Edwin van der Werf, 2012. "Should We Be Worried About the Green Paradox? Announcement Effects of the Acid Rain Program," Working Papers 2012.49, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Corrado Di Maria & Ian A. Lange & Edwin van der Werf, 2012. "Should we be Worried about the Green Paradox? Announcement Effects of the Acid Rain Program," CESifo Working Paper Series 3829, CESifo Group Munich.
- Stephen P. Holland & Erin T. Mansur, 2008.
"Is Real-Time Pricing Green? The Environmental Impacts of Electricity Demand Variance,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 90(3), pages 550-561, August.
- Stephen P. Holland & Erin T. Mansur, 2007. "Is Real-Time Pricing Green? The Environmental Impacts of Electricity Demand Variance," NBER Working Papers 13508, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Daniel T. Kaffine, Brannin J. McBee, and Jozef Lieskovsky, 2013. "Emissions Savings from Wind Power Generation in Texas," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1).
- Dahl, Carol & Ko, James, 1998. "The effect of deregulation on US fossil fuel substitution in the generation of electricity," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(13), pages 981-988, November.
- Severin Borenstein, 2005. "The Long-Run Efficiency of Real-Time Electricity Pricing," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 3), pages 93-116.
- Bopp, Anthony E. & Costello, David, 1990. "The economics of fuel choice at US electric utilities," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 82-88, April.
- Graff Zivin, Joshua S. & Kotchen, Matthew J. & Mansur, Erin T., 2014.
"Spatial and temporal heterogeneity of marginal emissions: Implications for electric cars and other electricity-shifting policies,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 107(PA), pages 248-268.
- Joshua S. Graff Zivin & Matthew Kotchen & Erin T. Mansur, 2012. "Spatial and Temporal Heterogeneity of Marginal Emissions: Implications for Electric Cars and Other Electricity-Shifting Policies," NBER Working Papers 18462, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pettersson, Fredrik & Söderholm, Patrik & Lundmark, Robert, 2012. "Fuel switching and climate and energy policies in the European power generation sector: A generalized Leontief model," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 1064-1073.
- Atkinson, Scott E & Halvorsen, Robert, 1976. "Interfuel Substitution in Steam Electric Power Generation," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 84(5), pages 959-978, October.
- Allcott, Hunt, 2011. "Rethinking real-time electricity pricing," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 820-842.
- Stephen P. Holland & Erin T. Mansur, 2006. "The Short-Run Effects of Time-Varying Prices in Competitive Electricity Markets," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 4), pages 127-156.
- Soderholm, Patrik, 2001. "Fossil fuel flexibility in west European power generation and the impact of system load factors," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 77-97, January.
- Joseph Cullen, 2013. "Measuring the Environmental Benefits of Wind-Generated Electricity," American Economic Journal: Economic Policy, American Economic Association, vol. 5(4), pages 107-133, November.
- Paul L. Joskow, 2013. "Natural Gas: From Shortages to Abundance in the United States," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 103(3), pages 338-343, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- J. Scott Holladay & Jacob LaRiviere, 2015. "The Impact of Cheap Natural Gas on Marginal Emissions from Electricity Generation and Implications for Energy," Working Papers 2015-07, University of Tennessee, Department of Economics.
- Matthew Doyle & Harrison Fell, 2016. "Fuel Prices, Restructuring, and Natural Gas Plant Operations," Working Papers 2016-03, Colorado School of Mines, Division of Economics and Business.
More about this item
- Q4 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy
- Q5 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics
- L9 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2015-05-30 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENE-2015-05-30 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2015-05-30 (Environmental Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ten:wpaper:2015-05. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Scott Holladay). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ecutkus.html .