Fossil fuel flexibility in west European power generation and the impact of system load factors
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Deirdre N. McCloskey & Stephen T. Ziliak, 1996. "The Standard Error of Regressions," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 34(1), pages 97-114, March.
- Berndt, Ernst R & Wood, David O, 1975. "Technology, Prices, and the Derived Demand for Energy," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 57(3), pages 259-268, August.
- Christensen, Laurits R & Jorgenson, Dale W & Lau, Lawrence J, 1973. "Transcendental Logarithmic Production Frontiers," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 55(1), pages 28-45, February.
- Ann F. Friedlaender & Ernst R. Berndt & Judy Shaw-Er Wang Chiang & Mark Showalter & Christopher A. Vellturo, 1991. "Rail Costs and Capital Adjustments in a Quasi-Regulated Environment," NBER Working Papers 3841, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Uri, Noel D., 1978. "Interfuel substitution possibilities: short-term prospects," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 4(4), pages 251-260, October.
- John F. Stewart, 1979. "Plant Size, Plant Factor, and the Shape of the Average Cost Function in Electric Power Generation: A Nonhomogeneous Capital Approach," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 10(2), pages 549-565, Autumn.
- Krinsky, Itzhak & Robb, A Leslie, 1986. "On Approximating the Statistical Properties of Elasticities," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 68(4), pages 715-719, November.
- Dahl, Carol & Ko, James, 1998. "The effect of deregulation on US fossil fuel substitution in the generation of electricity," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(13), pages 981-988, November.
- Rushdi, Ali Ahmed, 1991. "Economies of scale and factor substitution in electricity supply industry : A case study of south Australia," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 219-229, July.
- Isamu Matsukawa & Yoshifumi Fujii & Seishi Madono, 1993. "Price, Environmental Regulation, and Fuel Demand: Econometric Estimates for Japanese Manufacturing Industries," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 4), pages 37-56.
- Bopp, Anthony E. & Costello, David, 1990. "The economics of fuel choice at US electric utilities," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 82-88, April.
- Fuss, Melvyn, 1978. "Factor Substitution in Electricity Generation: A Test of the Putty-Clay Hypothesis," Histoy of Economic Thought Chapters,in: Fuss, Melvyn & McFadden, Daniel (ed.), Production Economics: A Dual Approach to Theory and Applications, volume 2, chapter 7 McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hossein Mirshojaeian Hosseini & Shinji Kaneko, 2013.
"Fuel Conservation Effect of Energy Subsidy Reform in Iran,"
3-1, University of Tehran, Economics Faculty.
- Hossein Mirshojaeian Hosseini & Shinji Kaneko, 2013. "Fuel Conservation Effect of Energy Subsidy Reform in Iran," IDEC DP2 Series 3-1, Hiroshima University, Graduate School for International Development and Cooperation (IDEC).
- Jaraitė, Jūratė & Di Maria, Corrado, 2012.
"Efficiency, productivity and environmental policy: A case study of power generation in the EU,"
Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 1557-1568.
- Jurate Jaraite & Corrado Di Maria, 2010. "Efficiency, Productivity and Environmental Policy: a Case Study of Power Generation in the EU," Economics Working Papers 10-05, Queen's Management School, Queen's University Belfast.
- Jaraite, Jurate & Di Maria, Corrado, 2011. "Efficiency, Productivity and Environmental Policy: A Case Study of Power Generation in the EU," CERE Working Papers 2011:3, CERE - the Center for Environmental and Resource Economics.
- Jurate Jaraite & Corrado Di Maria, 2011. "Efficiency, Productivity and Environmental Policy: A Case Study of Power Generation in the EU," Working Papers 2011.19, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- MAHENC Philippe, 2008. "Optimal environmental taxation when green alternative is available," LERNA Working Papers 08.04.248, LERNA, University of Toulouse.
- Pettersson, Fredrik & Söderholm, Patrik & Lundmark, Robert, 2012. "Fuel switching and climate and energy policies in the European power generation sector: A generalized Leontief model," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 1064-1073.
- J. Scott Holladay and Steven Soloway, 2016. "The Environmental Impacts of Fuel Switching Electricity Generators," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 4).
- Johannes Truby and Moritz Paulus, 2012.
"Market Structure Scenarios in International Steam Coal Trade,"
The Energy Journal,
International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 3).
- Trueby, Johannes & Paulus, Moritz, 2011. "Market Structure Scenarios in International Steam Coal Trade," EWI Working Papers 2011-2, Energiewirtschaftliches Institut an der Universitaet zu Koeln (EWI).
- Gao, Jing & Nelson, Robert & Zhang, Lei, 2013. "Substitution in the electric power industry: An interregional comparison in the eastern US," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 316-325.
- Lin, Boqiang & Wesseh, Presley K., 2013. "Estimates of inter-fuel substitution possibilities in Chinese chemical industry," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 560-568.
- Daniel J. Tulloch, Ivan Diaz-Rainey, and I.M. Premachandra, 2017. "The Impact of Liberalization and Environmental Policy on the Financial Returns of European Energy Utilities," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2).
- A. Ellerman & Barbara Buchner, 2008. "Over-Allocation or Abatement? A Preliminary Analysis of the EU ETS Based on the 2005–06 Emissions Data," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 41(2), pages 267-287, October.
- Wesseh, Presley K. & Lin, Boqiang, 2016. "Factor demand, technical change and inter-fuel substitution in Africa," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 979-991.
- Lappi, Pauli & Ollikka, Kimmo & Ollikainen, Markku, 2010. "Optimal fuel-mix in CHP plants under a stochastic permit price: Risk-neutrality versus risk-aversion," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 1079-1086, February.
- Roques, Fabien A., 2008.
"Technology choices for new entrants in liberalized markets: The value of operating flexibility and contractual arrangements,"
Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 245-253, December.
- Roques, F.A., 2007. "Technology Choices for New Entrants in Liberalised Markets: The Value of Operating Flexibility and Contractual Arrangements," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0759, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Catherine Bobtcheff, 2011.
"Optimal Dynamic Management of a Renewable Energy Source under Uncertainty,"
Annals of Economics and Statistics,
GENES, issue 103-104, pages 143-172.
- BOBTCHEFF Catherine, 2006. "Optimal Dynamic Management of a Renewable Energy Source under Uncertainty," LERNA Working Papers 06.21.214, LERNA, University of Toulouse.
- Meyer Andrew & Pac Grzegorz, 2015. "How Responsive Are EU Coal-Burning Plants to Changes in Energy Prices?," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 15(3), pages 1481-1506, July.
- Tauchmann, H., 2006.
"Firing the furnace? An econometric analysis of utilities' fuel choice,"
Elsevier, vol. 34(18), pages 3898-3909, December.
- Tauchmann, Harald, 2004. "Firing the Furnace? - An Econometric Analysis of Utilities' Fuel Choice," RWI Discussion Papers 17, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung.
- repec:eut:wpaper:01 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wesseh, Presley K. & Lin, Boqiang & Appiah, Michael Owusu, 2013. "Delving into Liberia's energy economy: Technical change, inter-factor and inter-fuel substitution," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 122-130.
- J. Scott Holladay & Steven Soloway, 2015. "The Environmental Impacts of Fuel Switching Power Plants," Working Papers 2015-05, University of Tennessee, Department of Economics.
- Michielsen, Thomas O., 2014. "Brown backstops versus the green paradox," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 87-110.
- Thomas Michielsen, 2013. "Brown Backstops Versus the Green Paradox," OxCarre Working Papers 108, Oxford Centre for the Analysis of Resource Rich Economies, University of Oxford.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:eneeco:v:23:y:2001:i:1:p:77-97. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eneco .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.