Linkages between Multinationals and Indigenous Firms: Evidence for the Electronics Sector in Ireland
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Paul Krugman & Anthony J. Venables, 1995.
"Globalization and the Inequality of Nations,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 110(4), pages 857-880.
- Krugman, Paul & Venables, Anthony J, 1994. "Globalization and the Inequality of Nations," CEPR Discussion Papers 1015, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Krugman, Paul & Venables, Anthony J., 1995. "Globalization and the Inequality of Nations," Working Paper Series 430, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Paul Krugman & Anthony J. Venables, 1995. "Globalization and the Inequality of Nations," NBER Working Papers 5098, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Richardson, Martin, 1993. "Content Protection with Foreign Capital," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 45(1), pages 103-117, January.
- Markusen, James R. & Venables, Anthony J., 1999.
"Foreign direct investment as a catalyst for industrial development,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 335-356, February.
- James R. Markusen & Anthony J. Venables, 1997. "Foreign Direct Investment as a Catalyst for Industrial Development," NBER Working Papers 6241, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Leddin, A & Walsh, B, 1997. "Economic Stabilisation, Recovery, and Growth : Ireland 1979-1996," Papers 97/08, College Dublin, Department of Political Economy-.
- Lopez-de-Silanes, Florencio & Markusen, James R. & Rutherford, Thomas F., 1996. "Trade policy subtleties with multinational firms," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 40(8), pages 1605-1627, November.
- Lall, Sanjaya, 1978. "Transnationals, Domestic Enterprises, and Industrial Structure in Host LDCs: A Survey," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 30(2), pages 217-248, July.
- Anthony J. Leddin & Brendan M. Walsh, 1997. "Economic stabilisation, recovery, and growth : Ireland 1979-1996," Working Papers 199708, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Frances Ruane & Holger GÃ¶rg, 1997. "The Impact of Foreign Direct Investment on Sectoral Adjustment in the Irish Economy," National Institute Economic Review, National Institute of Economic and Social Research, vol. 160(1), pages 76-86, April.
- Venables, Anthony J, 1996.
"Equilibrium Locations of Vertically Linked Industries,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 37(2), pages 341-359, May.
- Anthony J. Venables, 1993. "Equilibrium Locations of Vertically Linked Industries," CEP Discussion Papers dp0137, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Venables, Anthony J, 1993. "Equilibrium Locations of Vertically Linked Industries," CEPR Discussion Papers 802, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- P N O'Farrell & B O'Loughlin, 1981. "New industry input linkages in Ireland: an econometric analysis," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 13(3), pages 285-308, March.
- repec:sae:niesru:v:160:y::i:1:p:76-86 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:hhs:iuiwop:430 is not listed on IDEAS
- Carl Davidson & Steven J. Matusz & Mordechai E. Kreinin, 1985. "Analysis of Performance Standards for Direct Foreign Investments," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 18(4), pages 876-890, November.
- P N O'Farrell & B O'Loughlin, 1981. "New Industry Input Linkages in Ireland: An Econometric Analysis," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 13(3), pages 285-308, March.
- Rodriguez-Clare, Andres, 1996. "Multinationals, Linkages, and Economic Development," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(4), pages 852-873, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Görg, H & Ruane, F, 1999. "Globalisation and Fragmentation: Evidence from the Electronics Industry in Ireland," Trinity Economics Papers 9911, Trinity College Dublin, Department of Economics.
- Crone, Mike & Roper, Stephen, 1999. "Knowledge Transfers from Multi-national Plants in Northern Ireland," ERSA conference papers ersa99pa053, European Regional Science Association.
- Narula, Rajneesh & Portelli, Brian, 2004. "Foreign direct investment and economic development: Opportunities and limitations from a developing country perspective," Research Memorandum 009, Maastricht University, Maastricht Economic Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Stephen Roper & Amnon Frenkel, 2000.
"Different paths to success—the growth of the electronics sector in Ireland and Israel,"
Environment and Planning C: Government and Policy,
Pion Ltd, London, vol. 18(6), pages 651-665, December.
- Roper, Stephen & Frenkel, Amnon, 1999. "Different Paths to Success: The Growth of the Electronics Sector in Ireland and Israel," ERSA conference papers ersa99pa302, European Regional Science Association.
- repec:zbw:espost:182535 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lall, Sanjaya & Narula, Rajneesh, 2004. "FDI and its role in economic development: Do we need a new agenda?," Research Memorandum 019, Maastricht University, Maastricht Economic Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Mary O'Sullivan, 2000. "The sustainability of industrial development in Ireland," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(3), pages 277-290.
- Ana Tavares, 2002. "Multinational Subsidiary Evolution and Public Policy: Two Tales from the European Periphery," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 2(3), pages 195-213, September.
More about this item
- L63 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Microelectronics; Computers; Communications Equipment
- O14 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Industrialization; Manufacturing and Service Industries; Choice of Technology
- R34 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Real Estate Markets, Spatial Production Analysis, and Firm Location - - - Input Demand Analysis
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tcd:tcduet:9813. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Patricia Hughes). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/detcdie.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.