Unregulated and regulated free banking. The case of Switzerland reinterpreted
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Baltensperger, Ernst, 1982. "Reserve Requirements and Economic Stability," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 14(2), pages 205-215, May.
- repec:eee:moneco:v:106:y:2019:i:c:p:1-15 is not listed on IDEAS
- Manfred Neldner, 2003. "Competition Necessarily Tends to Produce Excess: The Experience of Free Banking in Switzerland," German Economic Review, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 4, pages 389-408, August.
- Miron, Jeffrey A, 1986. "Financial Panics, the Seasonality of the Nominal Interest Rate, and theFounding of the Fed," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(1), pages 125-140, March.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9781107199309 is not listed on IDEAS
- Fernández-Villaverde, Jesús & Sanches, Daniel, 2019.
"Can currency competition work?,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 106(C), pages 1-15.
- Jesús Fernández-Villaverde & Daniel Sanches, 2016. "Can Currency Competition Work?," NBER Working Papers 22157, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jesus Fernandez-Villaverde & Daniel Sanches, 2016. "Can Currency Competition Work?," PIER Working Paper Archive 16-008, Penn Institute for Economic Research, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania, revised 03 Apr 2016.
- Fernandez-Villaverde, Jesus & Sanches, Daniel R., 2016. "Can currency competition work?," Working Papers 16-12, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Fernández-Villaverde, Jesús & Sanches, Daniel, 2016. "Can Currency Competition Work?," CEPR Discussion Papers 11095, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- repec:spr:sjecst:v:154:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1186_s41937-017-0008-5 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:sjecst:v:154:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1186_s41937-017-0013-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Milton Friedman & Anna J. Schwartz, 1963. "A Monetary History of the United States, 1867–1960," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number frie63-1, December.
- Klein, Benjamin, 1974. "The Competitive Supply of Money," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 6(4), pages 423-453, November.
- Rolnick, Arthur J. & Weber, Warren E., 1984. "The causes of free bank failures : A detailed examination," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 267-291, November.
- Milton Friedman & Anna J. Schwartz, 1987. "Has Government Any Role in Money?," NBER Chapters, in: Money in Historical Perspective, pages 289-314, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Manfred Neldner, 1996. "Bankenfreiheit und Noten-Überemission MCCULLOCH, LONGFIELD, der Schweizer Franken und die "small note mania" in Schottland," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 132(II), pages 177-195, June.
- Xavier Freixas & Jean-Charles Rochet, 2008. "Microeconomics of Banking, 2nd Edition," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 2, volume 1, number 0262062704.
- George A. Selgin & Lawrence H. White, 1994. "How Would the Invisible Hand Handle Money?," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 32(4), pages 1718-1749, December.
- repec:cup:fihrev:v:26:y:2019:i:01:p:21-42_00 is not listed on IDEAS
- Weber, Ernst Juerg, 1988. "Currency Competition in Switzerland, 1826-1850," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(3), pages 459-478.
- F. Ritzmann, 1996. "Schweizerische Notenbanken im 19. Jahrhundert und Free Banking: Diskussionsbeitrag zu M. NELDNER, Bankenfreiheit und Noten-Überemission," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 132(II), pages 197-201, June.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-HIS-2019-08-12 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-MON-2019-08-12 (Monetary Economics)
- NEP-PAY-2019-08-12 (Payment Systems & Financial Technology)
- NEP-REG-2019-08-12 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:szg:worpap:1906. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (library). General contact details of provider: https://szgerzensee.ch/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.