The South African poor white problem in the early 20th century: Lessons for poverty today
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Anne Case & Angus Deaton, 1999. "School Inputs and Educational Outcomes in South Africa," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 114(3), pages 1047-1084.
- Servaas Van Der Berg & Megan Louw, 2004.
"Changing Patterns Of South African Income Distribution: Towards Time Series Estimates Of Distribution And Poverty,"
South African Journal of Economics,
Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 72(3), pages 546-572, September.
- Servaas van der Berg & Megan Louw, 2003. "Changing Patterns of South African income distribution: Towards time series estimates of distribution and poverty," Working Papers 02/2003, Stellenbosch University, Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Broadberry, Stephen & Gardner, Leigh, 2016.
"Economic Development In Africa And Europe: Reciprocal Comparisons,"
Revista de Historia Económica,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 34(01), pages 11-37, March.
- Broadberry, Stephen & Gardner, Leigh, 2015. "Economic Development In Africa And Europe : Reciprocal Comparisons," CAGE Online Working Paper Series 232, Competitive Advantage in the Global Economy (CAGE).
- Broadberry, Stephen & Gardner, Leigh A., 2016. "Economic development in Africa and Europe: reciprocal comparisons," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 65069, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
More about this item
Keywordspoverty; poor white problem; inequality; policy proposals;
- N37 - Economic History - - Labor and Consumers, Demography, Education, Health, Welfare, Income, Wealth, Religion, and Philanthropy - - - Africa; Oceania
- N97 - Economic History - - Regional and Urban History - - - Africa; Oceania
- I31 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - General Welfare, Well-Being
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2006-09-30 (Africa)
- NEP-ALL-2006-09-30 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2006-09-30 (Development)
- NEP-HIS-2006-09-30 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sza:wpaper:wpapers28. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Melt van Schoor). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/desunza.html .