Determinants of Ownership Concentration and Tender Offer Law in the Chilean Stock Market
This paper analyzes econometrically the determinants of ownership concentration in the Chilean stock market, with particular attention to the e¤ects of the Tender Offer Law (OPA law). Even though the central pourpose of OPAs Law is achieved, the tender offer mechanism increases the ownership concentration. The main reason for this effect has to do with the "residual OPA" obligation considered by the law.
|Date of creation:||May 2009|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Superintendencia de Valores y Seguros, Libertador Bernardo O´Higgins 1449 12th Floor ZIP Code 8340518 - Santiago - Chile|
Phone: (56 2) 473 4000
Web page: http://www.svs.cl/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silane & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1996.
"Law and Finance,"
NBER Working Papers
5661, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rafael LaPorta & Florencio Lopez de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1996. "Law and Finance," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1768, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Rafael LaPorta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, "undated". "Law and Finance," Working Paper 19451, Harvard University OpenScholar.
- La Porta, Rafael & Lopez-de-Silanes, Florencio & Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W., 1998. "Law and Finance," Scholarly Articles 3451310, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Burkart, Mike & Panunzi, Fausto, 2006.
"Agency conflicts, ownership concentration, and legal shareholder protection,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation,
Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 1-31, January.
- Burkart, Mike & Panunzi, Fausto, 2001. "Agency Conflicts, Ownership Concentration, and Legal Shareholder Protection," CEPR Discussion Papers 2708, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Mike Burkart & Fausto Panunzi, 2001. "Agency conflicts, ownership concentration, and legal shareholder protection," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 25056, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Fausto Panunzi & Mike Burkart, 2001. "Agency Conflicts, Ownership Concentration, and Legal Shareholder Protection," FMG Discussion Papers dp378, Financial Markets Group.
- repec:hrv:faseco:30747162 is not listed on IDEAS
- Larry H. P. Lang & Mara Faccio & Leslie Young, 2001. "Dividends and Expropriation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(1), pages 54-78, March.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer, 1998.
"Corporate Ownership Around the World,"
Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers
1840, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Manuel Arellano & Stephen Bond, 1991.
"Some Tests of Specification for Panel Data: Monte Carlo Evidence and an Application to Employment Equations,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 58(2), pages 277-297.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS program to replicate Arellano-Bond 1991 dynamic panel," Statistical Software Components RTZ00169, Boston College Department of Economics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:svs:svssdt:2009-1. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.