Does EMAS foster innovation in European firms? An empirical investigation
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Massimiliano Mazzanti & Roberto Zoboli, 2009. "Embedding environmental innovation in local production systems: SME strategies, networking and industrial relations: evidence on innovation drivers in industrial districts," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(2), pages 169-195.
- Khanna, Madhu & Damon, Lisa A., 1999. "EPA's Voluntary 33/50 Program: Impact on Toxic Releases and Economic Performance of Firms," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 1-25, January.
- Morrow, David & Rondinelli, Dennis, 2002. "Adopting Corporate Environmental Management Systems:: Motivations and Results of ISO 14001 and EMAS Certification," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 159-171, April.
- Christine Greenhalgh & Mark Rogers, 2007. "The value of intellectual property rights to firms and society," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 23(4), pages 541-567, Winter.
- Christine Greenhalgh & Mark Rogers, 2007.
"The Value of Intellectual Property Rights to Firms,"
06-036, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research.
- Christine Greenhalgh & Mark Rogers, 2007. "The Value of Intellectual Property Rights to Firms," Economics Series Working Papers 319, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Ziegler, Andreas & Seijas Nogareda, Jazmin, 2009. "Environmental management systems and technological environmental innovations: Exploring the causal relationship," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(5), pages 885-893, June.
- Triguero, Angela & Moreno-Mondéjar, Lourdes & Davia, María A., 2013. "Drivers of different types of eco-innovation in European SMEs," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 25-33.
- Giulio Cainelli & Massimiliano Mazzanti & Roberto Zoboli, 2011.
"Environmentally oriented innovative strategies and firm performance in services. Micro-evidence from Italy,"
International Review of Applied Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 25(1), pages 61-85.
- Massimiliano Mazzanti & Giulio Cainelli & Roberto Zoboli, 2007. "Environmentally-Oriented Innovative Strategies and Firm Performances in Services. Micro-Evidence from Italy," Working Papers 2007.104, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Jeffrey M Wooldridge, 2010.
"Econometric Analysis of Cross Section and Panel Data,"
MIT Press Books,
The MIT Press,
edition 2, volume 1, number 0262232588, January.
- Jeffrey M. Wooldridge, 2001. "Econometric Analysis of Cross Section and Panel Data," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262232197, March.
- Wagner, Marcus, 2007. "On the relationship between environmental management, environmental innovation and patenting: Evidence from German manufacturing firms," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(10), pages 1587-1602, December.
- Frondel, Manuel & Horbach, Jens & Rennings, Klaus, 2008.
"What triggers environmental management and innovation? Empirical evidence for Germany,"
Elsevier, vol. 66(1), pages 153-160, May.
- Rennings, Klaus & Horbach, Jens & Frondel, Manuel, 2004. "What Triggers Environmental Management and Innovation? - Empirical Evidence for Germany," RWI Discussion Papers 15, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung.
- Rennings, Klaus & Ziegler, Andreas & Ankele, Kathrin & Hoffmann, Esther, 2006. "The influence of different characteristics of the EU environmental management and auditing scheme on technical environmental innovations and economic performance," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(1), pages 45-59, April.
- Terza, Joseph V. & Basu, Anirban & Rathouz, Paul J., 2008. "Two-stage residual inclusion estimation: Addressing endogeneity in health econometric modeling," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 531-543, May.
- Demirel, Pelin & Kesidou, Effie, 2011.
"Stimulating different types of eco-innovation in the UK: Government policies and firm motivations,"
Elsevier, vol. 70(8), pages 1546-1557, June.
- Pelin Demirel & Effie Kesidou, 2012. "Stimulating Different Types of Eco-Innovation in the UK: Government Policies and Firm Motivations," STPS Working Papers 1203, STPS - Science and Technology Policy Studies Center, Middle East Technical University, revised May 2012.
- Rehfeld, Katharina-Maria & Rennings, Klaus & Ziegler, Andreas, 2007.
"Integrated product policy and environmental product innovations: An empirical analysis,"
Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 91-100, February.
- Rehfeld, Katharina-Maria & Rennings, Klaus & Ziegler, Andreas, 2004. "Integrated Product Policy and Environmental Product Innovations: An Empirical Analysis," ZEW Discussion Papers 04-71, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Klaus Rennings & Christian Rammer, 2011.
"The Impact of Regulation-Driven Environmental Innovation on Innovation Success and Firm Performance,"
Industry and Innovation,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(3), pages 255-283.
- Rennings, Klaus & Rammer, Christian, 2010. "The impact of regulation-driven environmental innovation on innovation success and firm performance," ZEW Discussion Papers 10-065, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Inoue, Emiko & Arimura, Toshi H. & Nakano, Makiko, 2013. "A new insight into environmental innovation: Does the maturity of environmental management systems matter?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 156-163.
- Jing Lan & Makoto Kakinaka & Xianguo Huang, 2012. "Foreign Direct Investment, Human Capital and Environmental Pollution in China," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 51(2), pages 255-275, February.
- Antonioli, Davide & Mancinelli, Susanna & Mazzanti, Massimiliano, 2013. "Is environmental innovation embedded within high-performance organisational changes? The role of human resource management and complementarity in green business strategies," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(4), pages 975-988.
- T. Daddi & M. Magistrelli & M. Frey & F. Iraldo, 2011. "Do environmental management systems improve environmental performance? Empirical evidence from Italian companies," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 13(5), pages 845-862, October.
- Costantini, Valeria & Mazzanti, Massimiliano, 2012. "On the green and innovative side of trade competitiveness? The impact of environmental policies and innovation on EU exports," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 132-153.
- Aseem Prakash & Matthew Potoski, 2012. "Voluntary environmental programs: A comparative perspective," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 31(1), pages 123-138, December.
- Dasgupta, Susmita & Hettige, Hemamala & Wheeler, David, 2000. "What Improves Environmental Compliance? Evidence from Mexican Industry," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 39-66, January.
- Arora, Ashish & Gambardella, Alfonso, 1990. "Complementarity and External Linkages: The Strategies of the Large Firms in Biotechnology," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(4), pages 361-379, June.
- Giulio Cainelli & Massimiliano Mazzanti & Roberto Zoboli, 2013. "Environmental performance, manufacturing sectors and firm growth: structural factors and dynamic relationships," Environmental Economics and Policy Studies, Springer;Society for Environmental Economics and Policy Studies - SEEPS, vol. 15(4), pages 367-387, October.
- Horbach, Jens, 2008. "Determinants of environmental innovation--New evidence from German panel data sources," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 163-173, February.
- Brunnermeier, Smita B. & Cohen, Mark A., 2003. "Determinants of environmental innovation in US manufacturing industries," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 278-293, March.
- William J. Baumol, 2002. "Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Growth: The David-Goliath Symbiosis," Journal of Entrepreneurial Finance, Pepperdine University, Graziadio School of Business and Management, vol. 7(2), pages 1-10, Summer.
- Madhu Khanna & William Rose Q. Anton, 2002. "Corporate Environmental Management: Regulatory and Market-Based Incentives," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 78(4), pages 539-558.
More about this item
KeywordsInnovation; Environmental management systems; Patents; Eco-Management and Audit Scheme;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ACC-2015-09-26 (Accounting & Auditing)
- NEP-ALL-2015-09-26 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2015-09-26 (Business Economics)
- NEP-CSE-2015-09-26 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-ENV-2015-09-26 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-EUR-2015-09-26 (Microeconomic European Issues)
- NEP-INO-2015-09-26 (Innovation)
- NEP-SBM-2015-09-26 (Small Business Management)
- NEP-TID-2015-09-26 (Technology & Industrial Dynamics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:srt:wpaper:1615. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alessandro Palma) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.sustainability-seeds.org .