Bank recapitalizations and lending: A little is not enough
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Thomas Philippon & Philipp Schnabl, 2013. "Efficient Recapitalization," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 68(1), pages 1-42, February.
- Duchin, Ran & Sosyura, Denis, 2014. "Safer ratios, riskier portfolios: Banks׳ response to government aid," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 113(1), pages 1-28.
- Mariassunta Giannetti & Andrei Simonov, 2013.
"On the Real Effects of Bank Bailouts: Micro Evidence from Japan,"
American Economic Journal: Macroeconomics,
American Economic Association, vol. 5(1), pages 135-167, January.
- Giannetti, Mariassunta & Simonov, Andrei, 2009. "On the Real Effects of Bank Bailouts: Micro-Evidence from Japan," CEPR Discussion Papers 7441, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Mariassunta Giannetti & Andrei Simonov, 2009. "On the Real Effects of Bank Bailouts: Micro-Evidence from Japan," Working Papers 2009.103, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Douglas W. Diamond & Raghuram G. Rajan, 2000.
"A Theory of Bank Capital,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 55(6), pages 2431-2465, December.
- Douglas W. Diamond & Raghuram G. Rajan, "undated". "A Theory of Bank Capital," CRSP working papers 363, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- Douglas W. Diamond & Raghuram G. Rajan, 1999. "A Theory of Bank Capital," NBER Working Papers 7431, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Berger, Allen N. & Roman, Raluca, 2015. "Did saving Wall Street really save Main Street : the real effects of TARP on local economic conditions," Research Working Paper RWP 15-13, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- Gabriel Chodorow-Reich, 2014. "The Employment Effects of Credit Market Disruptions: Firm-level Evidence from the 2008-9 Financial Crisis," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 129(1), pages 1-59.
- Daniel Hoechle, 2007. "Robust standard errors for panel regressions with cross-sectional dependence," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 7(3), pages 281-312, September.
- Viral Acharya & Robert Engle & Matthew Richardson, 2012. "Capital Shortfall: A New Approach to Ranking and Regulating Systemic Risks," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 102(3), pages 59-64, May.
- Myers, Stewart C., 1977. "Determinants of corporate borrowing," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 147-175, November.
- Berger, A.N. & Bouwman, C.H.S. & Kick, T. & Schaeck, K., 2011.
"Bank risk taking and liquidity creation following regulatory interventions and capital support,"
2011-088, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Berger, Allen N. & Bouwman, Christa H. S. & Kick, Thomas & Schaeck, Klaus, 2014. "Bank Risk Taking and Liquidity Creation Following Regulatory Interventions and Capital Support," Working Papers 14-07, University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School, Weiss Center.
- White, Halbert, 1980. "A Heteroskedasticity-Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimator and a Direct Test for Heteroskedasticity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(4), pages 817-838, May.
- Philippe Aghion, Patrick Bolton & Steven Fries, 1999. "Optimal Design of Bank Bailouts: The Case of Transition Economies," Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE), Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 155(1), pages 1-51, March.
- Homar, Timotej & van Wijnbergen, Sweder, 2015. "On Zombie Banks and Recessions after Systemic Banking Crises," CEPR Discussion Papers 10963, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Black, Lamont K. & Hazelwood, Lieu N., 2013. "The effect of TARP on bank risk-taking," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 790-803.
- Li, Lei, 2013. "TARP funds distribution and bank loan supply," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 4777-4792.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Storz, Manuela & Koetter, Michael & Setzer, Ralph & Westphal, Andreas, 2017.
"Do we want these two to tango? On zombie firms and stressed banks in Europe,"
Working Paper Series
2104, European Central Bank.
- Storz, Manuela & Koetter, Michael & Setzer, Ralph & Westphal, Andreas, 2017. "Do we want these two to tango? On zombie firms and stressed banks in Europe," IWH Discussion Papers 13/2017, Halle Institute for Economic Research (IWH).
More about this item
Keywordsbank recapitalization; lending; zombie banks; bank restructuring; banking crisis;
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2017-04-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2017-04-09 (Banking)
- NEP-RMG-2017-04-09 (Risk Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:srk:srkwps:201616. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Official Publications). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/esrbede.html .