The Impact of Liner Shipping Trade and Competition Regulations on The Market Structure, Maritime Transport Costs and Seaborne Trade Flows: Regulations on The Market Structure, Maritime Transport Costs and Seaborne Trade Flows
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Terza, Joseph V. & Basu, Anirban & Rathouz, Paul J., 2008. "Two-stage residual inclusion estimation: Addressing endogeneity in health econometric modeling," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 531-543, May.
- Mike Fusillo, 2003. "Excess Capacity and Entry Deterrence: The Case of Ocean Liner Shipping Markets," Maritime Economics & Logistics, Palgrave Macmillan;International Association of Maritime Economists (IAME), vol. 5(2), pages 100-115, June.
- Jean-Pierre Benoit, 1984. "Financially Constrained Entry in a Game with Incomplete Information," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 15(4), pages 490-499, Winter.
- Sjostrom William, 2004. "Ocean Shipping Cartels: A Survey," Review of Network Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 3(2), pages 1-28, June.
- A. Michael Spence, 1977. "Entry, Capacity, Investment and Oligopolistic Pricing," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 8(2), pages 534-544, Autumn.
- Garth Saloner, 1987. "Predation, Mergers, and Incomplete Information," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 18(2), pages 165-186, Summer.
- Joseph E. Harrington Jr., 1984. "Noncooperative Behavior by a Cartel as an Entry-Deterring Signal," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 15(3), pages 426-433, Autumn.
- Fiona Scott Morton, 1997. "Entry and Predation: British Shipping Cartels 1879–1929," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(4), pages 679-724, December.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- repec:spo:wpecon:info:hdl:2441/7o52iohb7k6srk09mit038srm is not listed on IDEAS
- Wu, Wei-Ming, 2009. "An approach for measuring the optimal fleet capacity: Evidence from the container shipping lines in Taiwan," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 122(1), pages 118-126, November.
- Hasan, Mostafa Monzur & Cheung, Adrian (Wai-Kong), 2018. "Organization capital and firm life cycle," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 556-578.
- Productivity Commission, 2005. "Review of Part X of the Trade Practices Act 1974: International Liner Cargo Shipping," Inquiry Reports, Productivity Commission, Government of Australia, number 32.
- Michael Faure & Xinzhu Zhang (ed.), 2011. "Competition Policy and Regulation," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 13912.
- Marquez, Robert, 2010. "Informed lending as a deterrent to predation," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 193-201, December.
- Stefan Weishaar, 2011. "The Legal Regime Preventing Predation in the People’s Republic of China: A Law and Economics Analysis," Chapters, in: Michael Faure & Xinzhu Zhang (ed.), Competition Policy and Regulation, chapter 13, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Ji Yan & Sally Brocksen, 2013.
"Adolescent risk perception, substance use, and educational attainment,"
Journal of Risk Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(8), pages 1037-1055, September.
- Ji Yan & Sally Brocksen, 2013. "Adolescent Risk Perception, Substance Use, and Educational Attainment," Working Papers 13-12, Department of Economics, Appalachian State University.
- Andrew Boutton, 2019. "Of terrorism and revenue: Why foreign aid exacerbates terrorism in personalist regimes," Conflict Management and Peace Science, Peace Science Society (International), vol. 36(4), pages 359-384, July.
- Fernando Rios-Avila & Gustavo Canavire-Bacarreza, 2018.
"Standard-error correction in two-stage optimization models: A quasi–maximum likelihood estimation approach,"
Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 18(1), pages 206-222, March.
- Fernando Rios-Avila & Gustavo J. Canavire-Bacarreza, 2017. "Standard Error Correction in Two-Stage Optimization Models: A Quasi-Maximum Likelihood Estimation Approach," Documentos de Trabajo CIEF 015659, Universidad EAFIT.
- Xavier Martinez-Giralt & Barros Pedro Pita, 2005.
"Bargaining and idle public sector capacity in health care,"
Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 9(5), pages 1-8.
- Pedro Pita Barros & Xavier Martínez-Giralt, 2005. "Bargaining and idle public sector capacity in health care," Working Papers 170, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Tesfaye, Wondimagegn & Tirivayi, Nyasha, 2020. "Crop diversity, household welfare and consumption smoothing under risk: Evidence from rural Uganda," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 125(C).
- Meyer, Sophie-Charlotte, 2016. "Maternal employment and childhood overweight in Germany," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 23(C), pages 84-102.
- Trottmann, Maria & Zweifel, Peter & Beck, Konstantin, 2012. "Supply-side and demand-side cost sharing in deregulated social health insurance: Which is more effective?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 231-242.
- Austin L. Wright, 2016. "Economic Shocks and Rebel," HiCN Working Papers 232, Households in Conflict Network.
- Michael Waldman, 1987. "Underinvestment in Entry Deterrence: When and Why," UCLA Economics Working Papers 456, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Aslan, Hadiye & Kumar, Praveen, 2016. "The product market effects of hedge fund activism," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 119(1), pages 226-248.
- Jaeun Choi & A. James O'Malley, 2017. "Estimating the causal effect of treatment in observational studies with survival time end points and unmeasured confounding," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series C, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 66(1), pages 159-185, January.
- Tsai, Yuping, 2015. "Social security income and the utilization of home care: Evidence from the social security notch," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 45-55.
- Jun Li & Serguei Netessine & Sergei Koulayev, 2018. "Price to Compete … with Many: How to Identify Price Competition in High-Dimensional Space," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 64(9), pages 4118-4136, September.
- Bagwell, Kyle & Wolinsky, Asher, 2002. "Game theory and industrial organization," Handbook of Game Theory with Economic Applications, in: R.J. Aumann & S. Hart (ed.), Handbook of Game Theory with Economic Applications, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 49, pages 1851-1895, Elsevier.
More about this item
KeywordsTransport maritime; service; Coûts de transport; indicateur; commerce; réglementations; concurrence;
All these keywords.
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-COM-2013-06-09 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-HME-2013-06-09 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
- NEP-TRE-2013-06-09 (Transport Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spo:wpmain:info:hdl:2441/7o52iohb7k6srk09mit038srm. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Spire @ Sciences Po Library). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ecspofr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.