Complementarity and Contextuality in the Adoption of Information Systems in Korean Firms
In order to examine the impact of adoption of Information Systems (ISs) on the actual performance of firms, we estimated the complementarities among ISs and found contextual factors using a survey dataset of 616 Korean firms. In particular, we introduced various contextual variables and analyzed their effects on the complementarities of firms. Our results indicate that IT stock serves as an important contextual factor for enhancing the complementarity between adoptions of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Customer Relationship Management (CRM). It was also revealed that while IT stock has a strong positive direct impact on the performance of firms as well as an indirect impact mediated by ISs, other IT-related variables (such as IT organization and use of firewall) generally have a positive impact only when they are combined with the adoption of ISs.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:||Sep 2009|
|Date of revision:||Oct 2009|
|Publication status:||Published later version in the Journal of Applied Economics Letters of Taylor and Francis.|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 599 Gwanak-Ro, Gwanak-Gu, Seoul 151-744|
Web page: http://temep.snu.ac.kr/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dubin, Jeffrey A & McFadden, Daniel L, 1984. "An Econometric Analysis of Residential Electric Appliance Holdings and Consumption," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(2), pages 345-362, March.
- Motohashi, Kazuyuki, 2007.
"Firm-level analysis of information network use and productivity in Japan,"
Journal of the Japanese and International Economies,
Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 121-137, March.
- Kazuyuki Motohashi, 2003. "Firm level analysis of information network use and productivity in Japan," Discussion papers 03021, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Kazuyuki Motohashi, 2004. "Firm level analysis of information network use and productivity in Japan," Hi-Stat Discussion Paper Series d03-14, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Spyros Arvanitis, 2005. "Computerization, workplace organization, skilled labour and firm productivity: Evidence for the Swiss business sector," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(4), pages 225-249.
- Train,Kenneth E., 2009. "Discrete Choice Methods with Simulation," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521747387, Diciembre.
- Train,Kenneth E., 2009. "Discrete Choice Methods with Simulation," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521766555, Diciembre.
- Kenneth Train, 2003. "Discrete Choice Methods with Simulation," Online economics textbooks, SUNY-Oswego, Department of Economics, number emetr2.
- Milgrom, Paul & Roberts, John, 1995. "The Economics of Modern Manufacturing: Reply," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(4), pages 997-999, September.
- Feng-Cheng Fu & Chu-Ping Vijverberg & Yong-Sheng Chen, 2008. "Productivity and efficiency of state-owned enterprises in China," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 29(3), pages 249-259, June.
- Bocquet, Rachel & Brossard, Olivier & Sabatier, Mareva, 2007. "Complementarities in organizational design and the diffusion of information technologies: An empirical analysis," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 367-386, April.
- Anna Giunta & Francesco Trivieri, 2007. "Understanding the determinants of information technology adoption: evidence from Italian manufacturing firms," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(10), pages 1325-1334.
- Diaz-Diaz, Nieves Lidia & Aguiar-Diaz, Inmaculada & De Saá-Pérez, Petra, 2008. "The effect of technological knowledge assets on performance: The innovative choice in Spanish firms," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(9), pages 1515-1529, October.
- Ilsoon Shin, 2006. "Adoption of Enterprise Application Software and Firm Performance," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 26(3), pages 241-256, 04. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:snv:dp2009:200919. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jorn Altmann)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.