Investing in Aboriginal Education in Canada: An Economic Perspective
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Andrew Sharpe & Jean-François Arsenault & Fraser Cowan, 2009. "The Effect of Increasing Aboriginal Educational Attainment on the Labour Force, Output and the Fiscal Balance," CSLS Research Reports 2009-03, Centre for the Study of Living Standards.
- Andrew Sharpe & Jean-Francois Arsenault & Simon Lapointe, 2007. "The Potential Contribution of Aboriginal Canadians to Labour Force, Employment, Productivity and Output Growth in Canada, 2001-2017," CSLS Research Reports 2007-04, Centre for the Study of Living Standards.
- Baldwin, John R. & Gu, Wulong, 2009. "Productivity Performance in Canada, 1961 to 2008: An Update on Long-term Trends," The Canadian Productivity Review 2009025e, Statistics Canada, Economic Analysis Division.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Colin Busby, 2010. "Manitoba’s Demographic Challenge: Why Improving Aboriginal Education Outcomes Is Vital for Economic Prosperity," e-briefs 99, C.D. Howe Institute.
- Andrew Sharpe & Simon Lapointe, 2011. "The Labour Market and Economic Performance of Canada’s First Nations Reserves: The Effect of Educational Attainment and Remoteness," CSLS Research Reports 2011-05, Centre for the Study of Living Standards.
More about this item
KeywordsAboriginal; Education; Canada; Forecast of economic growth; Equity and efficiency; well-being; labour market; unemployment;
- J10 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - General
- J11 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Demographic Trends, Macroeconomic Effects, and Forecasts
- I29 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Other
- I28 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Government Policy
- E27 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Forecasting and Simulation: Models and Applications
- O11 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Macroeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
- O15 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
- O47 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Empirical Studies of Economic Growth; Aggregate Productivity; Cross-Country Output Convergence
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-11-13 (All new papers)
- NEP-EDU-2010-11-13 (Education)
- NEP-LAB-2010-11-13 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sls:resrep:1003. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CSLS). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cslssca.html .