Some Critical Episodes in the Progress of Medical Innovation: An Anglo-American Perspective
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Rosenberg, Nathan, 2009. "Some critical episodes in the progress of medical innovation: An Anglo-American perspective," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 234-242, March.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lynne G. Zucker & Michael R. Darby & Marilynn B. Brewer, 1994. "Intellectual Capital and the Birth of U.S. Biotechnology Enterprises," NBER Working Papers 4653, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ali, Ayfer & Gittelman, Michelle, 2016. "Research paradigms and useful inventions in medicine: Patents and licensing by teams of clinical and basic scientists in Academic Medical Centers," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(8), pages 1499-1511.
- Giovanni Dosi & Richard Nelson, 2013. "The Evolution of Technologies: An Assessment of the State-of-the-Art," Eurasian Business Review, Springer;Eurasia Business and Economics Society, vol. 3(1), pages 3-46, June.
- Dosi, Giovanni & Nelson, Richard R., 2010.
"Technical Change and Industrial Dynamics as Evolutionary Processes,"
Handbook of the Economics of Innovation,
- Giovanni Dosi & Richard R. Nelson, 2009. "Technical Change and Industrial Dynamics as Evolutionary Processes," LEM Papers Series 2009/07, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Lander, Bryn & Atkinson-Grosjean, Janet, 2011. "Translational science and the hidden research system in universities and academic hospitals: A case study," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 72(4), pages 537-544, February.
- Kato, Masatoshi & Odagiri, Hiroyuki, 2012.
"Development of university life-science programs and university–industry joint research in Japan,"
Elsevier, vol. 41(5), pages 939-952.
- Masatoshi Kato & Hiroyuki Odagiri, 2010. "Development of University Life-Science Programs and University-Industry Joint Research in Japan," Discussion Paper Series 67, School of Economics, Kwansei Gakuin University, revised Dec 2010.
- Kato, Masatoshi & Odagiri, Hiroyuki, 2010. "Development of University Life-Science Programs and University-Industry Joint Research in Japan," CEI Working Paper Series 2010-7, Center for Economic Institutions, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Taran Thune & Magnus Gulbrandsen, 2016. "Combining knowledge to generate new ideas. A study of disclosed ideas for life science inventions," Working Papers on Innovation Studies 20161209, Centre for Technology, Innovation and Culture, University of Oslo.
- Gittelman, Michelle, 2016. "The revolution re-visited: Clinical and genetics research paradigms and the productivity paradox in drug discovery," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(8), pages 1570-1585.
- Cockburn Iain M. & Stern Scott, 2010. "Finding the Endless Frontier: Lessons from the Life Sciences Innovation System for Technology Policy," Capitalism and Society, De Gruyter, vol. 5(1), pages 1-50, July.
- Nemet, Gregory F. & Johnson, Evan, 2012. "Do important inventions benefit from knowledge originating in other technological domains?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 190-200.
- Nemet, Gregory F., 2012. "Inter-technology knowledge spillovers for energy technologies," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 1259-1270.
- Taran Thune & Magnus Gulbrandsen, 2016. "Innovation in hospitals: piloting a tool for investigating contributions of hospital employees to innovation," Working Papers on Innovation Studies 20161211, Centre for Technology, Innovation and Culture, University of Oslo.
- Thune, Taran & Mina, Andrea, 2016. "Hospitals as innovators in the health-care system: A literature review and research agenda," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(8), pages 1545-1557.
- Yaqub, Ohid, 2017. "Testing regimes in clinical trials: Evidence from four polio vaccine trajectories," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 475-484.
More about this item
KeywordsLife Sciences; Physical Sciences; Research; Medical Innovations; Policy Recommendations;
- I23 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Higher Education; Research Institutions
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sip:dpaper:08-008. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anne Shor). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cestaus.html .