A study into UK Financial Planners opinions on risk tolerance and risk perception
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jacobs, Heiko & Müller, Sebastian & Weber, Martin, 2014. "How should individual investors diversify? An empirical evaluation of alternative asset allocation policies," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 19(C), pages 62-85.
- Harry Markowitz, 1952. "Portfolio Selection," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 7(1), pages 77-91, March.
- Joost M.E. Pennings & Ale Smidts, 2000. "Assessing the Construct Validity of Risk Attitude," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 46(10), pages 1337-1348, October.
- Robert Faff & Daniel Mulino & Daniel Chai, 2008. "On The Linkage Between Financial Risk Tolerance And Risk Aversion," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 31(1), pages 1-23, March.
- Van de Venter, Gerhard & Michayluk, David & Davey, Geoff, 2012. "A longitudinal study of financial risk tolerance," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 794-800.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Jesus Crespo Cuaresma & Ines Fortin & Jaroslava Hlouskova, 2018.
"Exchange rate forecasting and the performance of currency portfolios,"
Journal of Forecasting, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 37(5), pages 519-540, August.
- Crespo Cuaresma, Jesus & Fortin, Ines & Hlouskova, Jaroslava, 2017. "Exchange rate forecasting and the performance of currency portfolios," Economics Series 326, Institute for Advanced Studies.
- Carroll, Rachael & Conlon, Thomas & Cotter, John & Salvador, Enrique, 2017. "Asset allocation with correlation: A composite trade-off," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 262(3), pages 1164-1180.
- Dirk Schoenmaker & Willem Schramade, 2019. "Investing for long-term value creation," Journal of Sustainable Finance & Investment, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(4), pages 356-377, October.
- Zandri Koekemoer, 2019. "The influence of the level of education on investors risk tolerance level," Proceedings of Economics and Finance Conferences 9511449, International Institute of Social and Economic Sciences.
- Kavitha Ranganathan, 2018. "Does Global Shapes Of Utility Functions Matter For Investment Decisions?," Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 70(4), pages 341-361, October.
- Csanaky, András & Ulbert, József, 2004. "Kockázatészlelés és kockázati magatartás [Risk testing and risk behaviour]," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(3), pages 235-258.
- Omane-Adjepong, Maurice & Ababio, Kofi Agyarko & Alagidede, Imhotep Paul, 2019. "Time-frequency analysis of behaviourally classified financial asset markets," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 54-69.
- Heenkenda, Shirantha, 2014. "Determination of Financial Risk Tolerance among Different Household Sectors in Sri Lanka," MPRA Paper 67324, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ghaderi, Mohammad & Kadziński, Miłosz, 2021. "Incorporating uncovered structural patterns in value functions construction," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 99(C).
- Shirantha Heenkenda, 2015. "Determination of financial risk tolerance among different household sectors in Sri Lanka," Asian Journal of Empirical Research, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 5(11), pages 206-220, November.
- Platanakis, Emmanouil & Sakkas, Athanasios & Sutcliffe, Charles, 2019.
"Harmful diversification: Evidence from alternative investments,"
The British Accounting Review, Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 1-23.
- Emmanouil Platanakis & Athanasios Sakkas & Charles Sutcliffe, 2017. "Harmful Diversification: Evidence from Alternative Investments," ICMA Centre Discussion Papers in Finance icma-dp2017-09, Henley Business School, Reading University.
- Fisher, Patti J. & Yao, Rui, 2017. "Gender differences in financial risk tolerance," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 191-202.
- Safwan Mohd Nor & Sardar M.N. Islam, 2016. "Beating the market: Can evolutionary-based portfolio optimisation outperform the Talmudic diversification strategy?," International Journal of Monetary Economics and Finance, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 9(1), pages 90-99.
- Brian Lucey & Charles Larkin, 2012. "Risk Tolerance and Demographic Characteristics: Preliminary Irish Evidence," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp406, IIIS.
- Sandip Chattopadhyay & Ranjan Dasgupta, 2015. "Demographic and Socioeconomic Impact on Risk Attitudes of the Indian Investors - An Empirical Study," Asian Economic and Financial Review, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 5(4), pages 601-623, April.
- Oikonomou, Ioannis & Platanakis, Emmanouil & Sutcliffe, Charles, 2018. "Socially responsible investment portfolios: Does the optimization process matter?," The British Accounting Review, Elsevier, vol. 50(4), pages 379-401.
- Akosah, Nana Kwame & Alagidede, Imhotep Paul & Schaling, Eric, 2020. "Testing for asymmetry in monetary policy rule for small-open developing economies: Multiscale Bayesian quantile evidence from Ghana," The Journal of Economic Asymmetries, Elsevier, vol. 22(C).
- Cui, Xueting & Zhu, Shushang & Sun, Xiaoling & Li, Duan, 2013. "Nonlinear portfolio selection using approximate parametric Value-at-Risk," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 2124-2139.
- FranÃ§ois Desmoulins-Lebeault & Jean-FranÃ§ois Gajewski & Luc Meunier, 2018. "Personality and Risk Aversion," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 38(1), pages 472-489.
- Peter A. Abken & Milind M. Shrikhande, 1997. "The role of currency derivatives in internationally diversified portfolios," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, vol. 82(Q 3), pages 34-59.
More about this item
KeywordsRisk tolerance; risk profile; Financial planning; financial advice; personal investment; risk perception;
All these keywords.
- D14 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Household Saving; Personal Finance
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sek:iacpro:4006388. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Klara Cermakova). General contact details of provider: https://iises.net/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.