Practical guide to real options in discrete time
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Svetlana Boyarchenko & Sergei Levendorski&icaron;, 2007. "Practical Guide To Real Options In Discrete Time," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 48(1), pages 311-342, February.
References listed on IDEAS
- Peter Carr & Liuren Wu, 2003.
"The Finite Moment Log Stable Process and Option Pricing,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 58(2), pages 753-778, April.
- Peter Carr & Liuren Wu, 2002. "The Finite Moment Log Stable Process and Option Pricing," Finance 0207012, EconWPA.
- Abel, Andrew B. & Eberly, Janice C., 1999.
"The effects of irreversibility and uncertainty on capital accumulation,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 339-377, December.
- Andrew B. Abel & Janice B. Eberly, "undated". "The Effects of Irreversibility and Uncertainty on Capital Accumulation," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 21-95, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Andrew B. Abel & Janice C. Eberly, 1995. "The Effects of Irreversibility and Uncertainty on Capital Accumulation," NBER Working Papers 5363, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Steven J. Davis & John C. Haltiwanger & Scott Schuh, 1998. "Job Creation and Destruction," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262540932, March.
- Svetlana Boyarchenko, 2004. "Irreversible Decisions and Record-Setting News Principles," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 94(3), pages 557-568, June.
- Angus Deaton & Guy Laroque, 1992.
"On the Behaviour of Commodity Prices,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 59(1), pages 1-23.
- Deaton, A. & Laroque, G., 1989. "On The Behavior Of Commodity Prices," Papers 145, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Development Studies.
- Angus Deaton & Guy Laroque, 1990. "On The Behavior of Commodity Prices," NBER Working Papers 3439, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Deaton, A. & Laroque, G., 1989. "On The Behavior Of Commodity Prices," Papers 145, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Public and International Affairs.
- Thomas F. Cooley & Vincenzo Quadrini, 2001. "Financial Markets and Firm Dynamics," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(5), pages 1286-1310, December.
- S. I. Boyarchenko & S. Z. Levendorskii, 2002. "Pricing of perpetual Bermudan options," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(6), pages 432-442.
- Svetlana I Boyarchenko & Sergei Z Levendorskii, 2002. "Non-Gaussian Merton-Black-Scholes Theory," World Scientific Books, World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., number 4955, August.
- Svetlana I. Boyarchenko & Sergei Z. Levendorskiĭ, 2002. "Perpetual American options," World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Non-Gaussian Merton-Black-Scholes Theory, chapter 5, pages 121-149 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Seung-Ryong Yang & B. Wade Brorsen, 1992. "Nonlinear Dynamics of Daily Cash Prices," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 74(3), pages 706-715.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Boyarchenko, Svetlana & Levendorskii[caron], Sergei, 2007. "Optimal stopping made easy," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 201-217, February.
- Svetlana Boyarchenko & Sergei Levendorskii, 2005. "A theory of endogenous time preference, and discounted utility anomalies," Microeconomics 0506005, EconWPA.
- Jukka Lempa, 2008.
"On infinite horizon optimal stopping of general random walk,"
Mathematical Methods of Operations Research,
Springer;Gesellschaft für Operations Research (GOR);Nederlands Genootschap voor Besliskunde (NGB), vol. 67(2), pages 257-268, April.
- Jukka Lempa, 2006. "On Infinite Horizon Optimal Stopping of General Random Walk," Discussion Papers 3, Aboa Centre for Economics.
- Luis Alvarez & Teppo Rakkolainen, 2010. "Investment timing in presence of downside risk: a certainty equivalent characterization," Annals of Finance, Springer, vol. 6(3), pages 317-333, July.
- Luis Alvarez & Teppo Rakkolainen, 2009. "Optimal payout policy in presence of downside risk," Mathematical Methods of Operations Research, Springer;Gesellschaft für Operations Research (GOR);Nederlands Genootschap voor Besliskunde (NGB), vol. 69(1), pages 27-58, March.
- repec:spr:compst:v:69:y:2009:i:1:p:27-58 is not listed on IDEAS
- Svetlana Boyarchenko & Sergei Levendorskii, 2005. "Discount factors ex post and ex ante, and discounted utility anomalies," Microeconomics 0510013, EconWPA, revised 13 Dec 2005.
- Svetlana Boyarchenko & Sergei Levendorskii, 2005. "American options: the EPV pricing model," Annals of Finance, Springer, vol. 1(3), pages 267-292, August.
- Fernando A. C. C. Fonte & Dalila B. M. M. Fontes, 2007. "Optimal investment timing using Markov jump price processes," FEP Working Papers 245, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Boyarchenko, Svetlana & Levendorskii, Sergei, 2008. "Exit problems in regime-switching models," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 180-206, January.
- Boyarchenko, Svetlana & Levendorskii, Sergei, 2010. "Optimal stopping in Levy models, for non-monotone discontinuous payoffs," MPRA Paper 27999, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Detert, Neal & Kotani, Koji, 2013.
"Real options approach to renewable energy investments in Mongolia,"
Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 136-150.
- Neal Detert & Koji Kotani, 2012. "Real options approach to renewable energy investments in Mongolia," Working Papers EMS_2012_10, Research Institute, International University of Japan.
- repec:spr:compst:v:67:y:2008:i:2:p:257-268 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsReal options; embedded options; expected present value operators;
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
- G31 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Capital Budgeting; Fixed Investment and Inventory Studies
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-07-26 (All new papers)
- NEP-CMP-2004-07-26 (Computational Economics)
- NEP-RMG-2004-07-26 (Risk Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sce:scecf4:137. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sceeeea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.